Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Two days on the road.

I picked up my 388m on Tuesday and, after a couple of frantic days moving stuff into it, I took off Friday morning heading east from Phoenix. I stopped today in Tucumcari, NM to avoid getting caught up in the weather in TX and OK.

So far I've figured out most things, but still have a couple of issues to resolve. I'd appreciate any advice.

The first night I found the fridge was giving me an opLI code. A frantic call to the dealer, got him to catch the last tech going out the door who revealed the secret incantation to reset the circuit breaker (with a magnet) and solved that problem - hopefully he won't loose his wizards license for revealing the secret. Next day I thought the fridge started fine on gas, but when I stopped I was getting a noFL code. Gas is on, and everything else (stove, furnace, water heater) runs OK on gas. This one may require help.

I haven't figured out how to turn off the outside speakers on the radio, but haven't tried too hard - anybody know?

The fireplace seems to work, but keep showing an E1 code. Haven't looked it up yet, but it can't be too serious.

The trailer tows easily (1 ton dually), and it has been very windy out there. Setup and teardown has been easy enough to figure out. I love the auto leveling! The retraction process of dropping down to it's knees first is a little scary, but I'm getting over that.

I'm finding the living space to be very comfortable. I was surprised at how completely inaccessible the interior is with the slides closed.

Well, enough for today.
    Keith Regli
    2016 Momentum 388m
    2015 Silverado 3500HD DRW
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Assuming that your level-up is like that on the 380TH, I don't use auto retract. I use manual mode and retract the back first, then adjust the front up or down for hitch height adjustment.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Don't know which Furrion model entertainment you have but they all have controls for enabling and disabling the speaker zones. Mine is simply pushing the "c" button to toggle outside speakers.
    2015 Reflection 323 BHS #589
    Still working Electrical Engineer
    Rob, Maureen, Dakota, Jacob and Murphy the Lab
    JustinThyme (Just In Time) is a forum handle

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is my second big fiver with Levelup. I have used the 2 button raise feature to hook up, and auto retract to raise all jacks with no problems. LCI designs the system to be simple to operate, and relatively fool proof.
    2018 Freedom Elite 24FE, 2 Yorkies, and my wife MARILYN, HAM call K0LCB. Traveling around this great country, making friends and seeing lot of beautiful and interesting places

CampNrite
    Kregli,

We will pick up our 388M on Thursday and head out for two weeks that Saturday. What kinda of fuel mileage did you get pulling the 388M?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    arhays: Thanks. I tried that this morning and it was a little easier.
    JustinThyme: DV5100 - no "c" button. I'll find the magic button eventually.
    CampNrite: 11 mpg yesterday, 8 mpg today ... windy both days, so I dunno yet.
    Keith Regli
    2016 Momentum 388m
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Today was pretty good. I missed all the thunderstorms and made it to just outside of St Louis. When I parked I tried the refrig on gas and it lit! After a couple of hours I switched over to electric. Tomorrow I'll try it on the road again...

I'm feeling more and more at home each day and am very happy with my choice. Tomorrow I'll reach Ohio and stay put for several days. That should give me a chance to repack the garage in a more useful arrangement. It would be nice if there were some mounting points on the walls to lash things to (like chairs and tables).

Still haven't figured out the radio and the outside speakers ... maybe I'll use plan B as I'm never likely to want them on anyway.

The under bed storage has turned out to be great! I can fit 3 banjos a bass and a guitar in there and they seem safe from accidents.
    Keith Regli
    2016 Momentum 388m
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The stereo gave me fits also. Push the main dail in twice which will allow you to adjust your fade. Adjusting to negative (-8) will work only the outside speakers. Rotating to (+8) works the inside speakers only. Back to (0) will work both. We've been out in our 350M for 11 days and loving it.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kregli View Post
    arhays: Thanks. I tried that this morning and it was a little easier.
    JustinThyme: DV5100 - no "c" button. I'll find the magic button eventually.
    CampNrite: 11 mpg yesterday, 8 mpg today ... windy both days, so I dunno yet.
    At what speed? Can't wait to do some traveling

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kregli View Post
    Today was pretty good. I missed all the thunderstorms and made it to just outside of St Louis. When I parked I tried the refrig on gas and it lit! After a couple of hours I switched over to electric. Tomorrow I'll try it on the road again...

I'm feeling more and more at home each day and am very happy with my choice. Tomorrow I'll reach Ohio and stay put for several days. That should give me a chance to repack the garage in a more useful arrangement. It would be nice if there were some mounting points on the walls to lash things to (like chairs and tables).

Still haven't figured out the radio and the outside speakers ... maybe I'll use plan B as I'm never likely to want them on anyway.

The under bed storage has turned out to be great! I can fit 3 banjos a bass and a guitar in there and they seem safe from accidents.

We found D-rings at Walmart that we mounted to the metal studs in the storage underneath. We also found adjustable straps that attach that we used to do exactly what you are talking about! We stand up chairs and tables and other things and just tighten up the straps. Have never had anything shift in transit.
    Allen and Sandi-Lexington, KY
    Home of fast horses and beautiful women!
    2015 Chevrolet Duramax 4 x 4 3500 HD LTZ
    2014 Solitude 369 RL-Oct. 2014
    2016 Momentum 376 TH-April 2016

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast