User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It has been a while since I owned a vehicle with incandescent head lights and I doubt I ever would again, unless it was a classic. Lighting technology has advanced so much over the years. My 2016 BMW 4 Series has HID headlights and the rest of the exterior lighting is incandescent. The lighting quality is acceptable. My 2019 Super Duty has 100% LED lighting and it is very good. My wife's 2021 Audi Q5 Prestige has 100% LED lighting, including Matrix-design LED headlights. At night, the lighting quality is unbelievably excellent. During the day, the DRL, sequential turn signals, and brake lights really stand out and provide excellent visibility of the vehicle to other drivers. For me, upgrading vehicle lighting is always worth it. In most cases, paying for LED headlights gets you LED lighting all the way around the vehicle. One of the few things that disappoints me about my Reflection is the fact that the exterior lighting is not LED. I intend to upgrade at some point.
    2022 F450 Platinum
    B & W Companion
    2024 Brinkley Model Z 3610

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Thanks folks
    LED's will be added to the order list.
    2018 Reflection 150 Series 220RK 5th wheel with 6K axle upgrade. B&W 25K OEM Companion, Steadyfast system, 2022 F350 SRW 6.7 King Ranch 8' bed, Trailer reverse lights, rear spare tire holder, storage tube, sumo springs, Victron MultiPlus 12/120/3000, and Solar

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by powerscol View Post
    Thanks folks
    LED's will be added to the order list.
    Any other options you would like us to spend your money on?....
    2018 Dodge 3500 6.7 Cummins SRW w/Aisin
    2021 Reflection 303RLS
    New to RV'ing since 1997

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JeffD68 View Post
    unless it was a classic. Lighting technology has advanced so much over the years.
    I have an old 440 4sp Challenger. I replaced the incandescent lights with LEDs. Even the classics benefit from a little tech.
    2018 Dodge 3500 6.7 Cummins SRW w/Aisin
    2021 Reflection 303RLS
    New to RV'ing since 1997

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It was going to cost me around $5k to add LED’s to my 2021 F250 build because you have to upgrade to the Lariat Ultimate package. I opted for the halogen and they do suck. I’m considering adding the morimoto hybrid xb’s.
    Brett

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not self defrosting

Quote Originally Posted by Bozer04 View Post
    It was going to cost me around $5k to add LED’s to my 2021 F250 build because you have to upgrade to the Lariat Ultimate package. I opted for the halogen and they do suck. I’m considering adding the morimoto hybrid xb’s.
    Brett
    I see no one answered you about melting the ice off the headlight lens. That's the one drawback of LEDs. Most of the energy put into them comes out as light rather than heat, so I doubt that they'll self defrost. This will be my first winter with the LEDs so we'll see.

I can vouch for what everyone else has said though, the lighting is excellent.
    2020 303RLS MorRyde 4000
    2021 Ram 3500 Longhorn DRW 4x4
    14,000 GVW Auto Leveling
    B&W Companion3600

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Do it yourself

I just did an internet search for a 2021 F150 with halogen and easily found low beam LED's for $99 a pair and high beam LED's for $99 a pair. Sounds like that's a much better option than $1000 if you don't mind doing the work yourself.
    I did the conversion on my 2018 Ram 2500 three years ago and they have been fine.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    LED without hesitation. Love them on my 2017 F350. Best driving visibility.

But... they do not melt the ice. It will build up. I've had to pull over and chip off ice on a winter road trip.

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Champ837 View Post
    I just did an internet search for a 2021 F150 with halogen and easily found low beam LED's for $99 a pair and high beam LED's for $99 a pair. Sounds like that's a much better option than $1000 if you don't mind doing the work yourself.
    I did the conversion on my 2018 Ram 2500 three years ago and they have been fine.
    Swapping out LED bulbs in your incandescent housing is nothing like OE LED headlights. The results are poor...white and bright but very scattered. They also have a tendency to be blinding to oncoming traffic. Some bulbs are better than others, but none can come close to the performance of OE LED headlights.
    2022 F450 Platinum
    B & W Companion
    2024 Brinkley Model Z 3610

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have a 2020 F250 Lariat with halogens. If you can somehow upgrade without jumping to Lariat whatever the upgrade package is for only $1k do it. I do get bright lighted a fair amount on lows as it is.
    I am considering the $2200 Morimotos as well. My wife’s 2014 HIDs blow mine away.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast