User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You will get a lot of input on LED's. Personally I believe they should be standard equipment on all Ford trucks just for the safety factor. Spending $1k on lights id frikkin' ridiculous. I would love to have them, but not at the price they are charging.
    Spike & Kimberly
    2020 Imagine 2970RL
    2021 F-350 7.3L CC LB SRW
    2002 GMC 2500HD 6.6L -Traded

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We ordered the LED pkg on our 2021 F350. Yes they were expensive, but IMO worth it. After having LED headlights, the halogens just don't cut it.
    Mark and Judy
    2021 F350 Lariat Crew 4x4 SRW 7.3 Godzilla
    2021 Imagine 2500RL w/Hensley Arrow hitch
    Fleet Manager, Cowlitz County WA Search & Rescue

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I agree Ford charges a lot of money for factory LED.
    I will probably do aftermarket LED and install myself. It is a bit of a job removing all the parts to get at the bulbs.
    The first thing I did on my 2021 F350 was to install "CREE" led cubes by cutting them into the rear bumper and splicing into back up light wires. Since LED draw so little power you do not have to run relays. I have done this on my last three pickups and when I shift into reverse it is like daylight behind. I will be installing the light cubes on my Solitude for the same reason. The light cubes put out way more light than LED back up replacement bulbs.

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mbergthold View Post
    We ordered the LED pkg on our 2021 F350. Yes they were expensive, but IMO worth it. After having LED headlights, the halogens just don't cut it.
    Ditto. Absolutely love the LED's on our 2020 F350.
    Dan & Connie

Current Rig: 2022 GD Solitude 310GK-R / 2020 F-350 PSD CC LB SRW
    Previous: 2007 Montana Mountaineer 32 PHD / 2011 F-250 CC LB SRW

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I do not have LED lights but am one of those who will agree that while you can see better from behind them, the people coming at you cannot see better. More people need to take the responsibility to make sure that their LED lights are aimed properly. The main purpose of headlights is not for your night vision but for safety, otherwise, why would they have 24 hour headlight areas. If the LED are not aimed properly the safety factor goes out the window for those blinded by the lights. and for those that think I hate LED's, I am looking at mounting some on my truck, for those dark roads when you are not around other traffic. I like the light they give but I also don't like not seeing when somebody is coming at me with bad aimed lights.
    2019 29rs
    2007 Ram diesel, 4x4 long bed
    CDL with tanker, hazmat, emergency vehicle, and bus endorsements

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123