User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

High Pointe Microwave Oven EC942K9E Dead

My wife opened the door to heat something and the oven light blinked and went out. Even the control panel went dark. Checked receptacle and have 120v. Is there an internal fuse? If anyone has had this problem any info would be appreciated.

Mentioned
    189 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by countryhigh View Post
    My wife opened the door to heat something and the oven light blinked and went out. Even the control panel went dark. Checked receptacle and have 120v. Is there an internal fuse? If anyone has had this problem any info would be appreciated.
    You don't say what year your RV is or how old the microwave is, but the most common cause of a failure of this type is wear in the door latch mechanism that holds two switches. When these switches don't make/break together, they blow the 10 amp fuse at the top behind the control panel. If the RV and/or microwave are still in warranty, GD will replace it for you. I carry a spare latch slide and fuses to repair ours when this happens (again...).

I see this is your first post - welcome to the forum! You can create a signature block with your RV and tow vehicle information (see mine below). That way you won't have to repeat that information whenever you post or ask a question - and others won't have to ask. You can create a signature by going to:

Forum Actions (on menu bar) -> Edit Profile -> Edit Signature (under My Settings on the left)

Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    2012 F350 DRW CC LB Lariat PS 6.7
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes,
    Sailun LRG tires, solar, DP windows, W/D
    (Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the info. I pulled the vent cover and found the 20A fuse blown. I replaced it and all is fine now. Will check door latch switch if it does it again.

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Our microwave just died in our 2016 Reflections and we need to replace the High Point with another type RV microwave. Do I need to order a trim kit or can't I just use the existing one? Thank you
    Terry Ann & Dave
    2016 Reflections 337 RLS
    Full Timers Since June, 2018

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Second Chance View Post
    You don't say what year your RV is or how old the microwave is, but the most common cause of a failure of this type is wear in the door latch mechanism that holds two switches. When these switches don't make/break together, they blow the 10 amp fuse at the top behind the control panel. If the RV and/or microwave are still in warranty, GD will replace it for you. I carry a spare latch slide and fuses to repair ours when this happens (again...).

I see this is your first post - welcome to the forum! You can create a signature block with your RV and tow vehicle information (see mine below). That way you won't have to repeat that information whenever you post or ask a question - and others won't have to ask. You can create a signature by going to:

Forum Actions (on menu bar) -> Edit Profile -> Edit Signature (under My Settings on the left)

Rob
    Thanks for posting this on the High Point. Mine stopped working and by the way it stopped it appeared to be a blow fuse but I couldn't locate it. Your post lead me right to it and replacing the fuse fixed the problem. Lucky I had one 20 amp fuse (that's what was in it) as a spare = I'll be getting a few more.
    Pete & Carla Nelson
    2017 F-350, diesel, DRW, Lariat, 8' bed, Ford's TPMS, Furrion camera, Revolver X2 Tonneau Cover
    2017 Solitude 384GK, with dual pane windows, slide toppers, gen ready, heat pump.
    Added items: WiFiRanger EliteAC (external antenna), WiFiRanger GoAC (Router),
    Trailer Saver BD3 w/underbed adapter, Cheapheat system, Fantastic fan (bathroom), 50 Amp Hughes Auto Former w/surge protection, 5th wheel skirting.
    MoRryde independent suspension, 8k axle, disc breaks, Sailun S637 tires

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well we jut had the same thing happen. Hubby checked it and the bottom latch switch keeps getting stuck. How do you replace that?

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Found this on the Facebook Forum. Might be the switch you need to fix.
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/2652...71711506948417
    Pete & Carla Nelson
    2017 F-350, diesel, DRW, Lariat, 8' bed, Ford's TPMS, Furrion camera, Revolver X2 Tonneau Cover
    2017 Solitude 384GK, with dual pane windows, slide toppers, gen ready, heat pump.
    Added items: WiFiRanger EliteAC (external antenna), WiFiRanger GoAC (Router),
    Trailer Saver BD3 w/underbed adapter, Cheapheat system, Fantastic fan (bathroom), 50 Amp Hughes Auto Former w/surge protection, 5th wheel skirting.
    MoRryde independent suspension, 8k axle, disc breaks, Sailun S637 tires

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just replaced my 20 amp fuse. All is well. It wasn't behind the main panel but was above the panel behind the small grillwork. You do have to remove the top trim two screws on the top) but not the main control panel. Here are my picClick image for larger version. 

Name:	Microwave Grill.jpg 
Views:	5 
Size:	94.0 KB 
ID:	43506