User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Mentioned
    187 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by gcjackson77 View Post
    I too have a 2018 Reflection 220RK. The roof membrane tore and pulled apart from the front seem. Seems common. GD advertised a 12 year warranty but refused to fix it. Dealer wanted $12000 to replace it. Grand Design warranties are worthless Dealer wanted to sell us a new Grand Design RV with an 18 year roof warranty. Really now! Now days I hear owners referring to their GD RV as the Grand Disaster RV.
    If you read the fine print, the 12-year warranty is for defects in the membrane only. It does not cover installation (which should be covered under the basic 1-year warranty). Poor installation and lack of adhesion is what causes these roof membranes to peel back from the front and come apart. This is a workmanship issue, not a quality of material issue.

Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    2012 F350 DRW CC LB Lariat PS 6.7
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes,
    Sailun LRG tires, solar, DP windows, W/D
    (Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015

Mentioned
    230 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by gcjackson77 View Post
    I too have a 2018 Reflection 220RK. The roof membrane tore and pulled apart from the front seem. Seems common. GD advertised a 12 year warranty but refused to fix it. Dealer wanted $12000 to replace it. Grand Design warranties are worthless Dealer wanted to sell us a new Grand Design RV with an 18 year roof warranty. Really now! Now days I hear owners referring to their GD RV as the Grand Disaster RV.
    You do know that the warranty is on the membrane only, right?

Read your owner's manual, you may learn something.

If your sealant on the front wasn't maintained, and there were voids that left air under the roof membrane, who's fault is that? Certainly not Grand Design's....

Funny how I deliver 60+ GD's a month and haven't heard of this "Grand Disaster".....must be the internet forum trolls.
    Steve- Inventory Manager at Tom Schaeffer's RV, Shoemakersville, PA www.tomschaeffers.com
    [email protected]
    2011 RAM 3500 SRW Outdoorsman Edition 4X4, 6.7 Cummins--TWEAKED!
    2021 Reflection 310RLS

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123