User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Imagine 2800BH - LED Tail lights

Hello all:

I have just picked up a 2022 Grand Design Imagine 2800BH. During the PDI I tested every system I could, but failed to do the basic tow light testing. I have discovered that the rear LED turn signal on the driver side is 50% dimmer than the one on the passenger (aka: door) side.

I tested this with another known good tow vehicle to eliminate the tow vehicle side from the problem. This leads me to chasing a poorly made ground or signal wire connection.

Can someone point me to the junction area where the wiring for the 7 way will bridge to the Trailer side? I am hoping this isn't just run in place, but rather using a junction of some kind.

Thanks,
    RedBaron73
    Last edited by redbaron73; 08-27-2021 at 04:21 PM.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by redbaron73 View Post
    Hello all:

I have just picked up a 2022 Grand Design Imagine 2800BH. During the PDI I tested every system I could, but failed to do the basic tow light testing. I have discovered that the rear LED turn signal on the driver side is 50% dimmer than the one on the passenger (aka: door) side.

I tested this with another known good tow vehicle to eliminate the tow vehicle side from the problem. This leads me to chasing a poorly made ground or signal wire connection.

Can someone point me to the junction area where the wiring for the 7 way will bridge to the Trailer side? I am hoping this isn't just run in place, but rather using a junction of some kind.

Thanks,
    RedBaron73
    On my 2970RL the 7 way junction box is on the driver's side front. Follow the tongue beam back and you will find a metal 4 square box. Just follow the 7 pin connector jacketed cable under the trailer.
    Mike & Lisa
    Central Florida
    2021 Imagine 2970RL
    1996 Chevy K3500 Crew SRW 7.4L Gas

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Found it...and what a mess I found inside. They used a mixture of wago, water proof crimps, normal crimp and wire nuts to secure all the connections.

I replaced the wire nut and normal crimp with wago. Left the water tight crimps...still had the same problem.

I then tested the parking lights and discovered the off door side was now brighter!!

It appears as there are 2 leads, one low power and one high power. They are swapped on the 7 way. At least I now know what to do.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just as an FYI. On my 2019 2800Bh, the passenger side tail light went out over a period of time. During this time it generated a number of errors with our Ford towing system and at one point our Ford dealer said it was an issue with the expedition we had at the time and replaced the trailer connection module. When I towed with our f150, it generated the same issues. A local service guy identified the tail light as the issue. I had GD send a new one, but it was the wrong shape. I found one that was of the same shape and fit the same area as the original at an O'Reilley's. Once I swapped it out, the world was happy again. No more errors, etc. I keep the replacement one GD sent me as a replacement candidate if things happen again.
    2022 Imagine 3250
    2021 f250 fx4 7.3
    2016 Harley Ultra Limited
    1971 F100 Flareside (project)