Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: F150

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Paularado View Post
    If you have any plans to go over any mountain passes, you'll need a bigger truck. Our first trip out with our Imagine XLS 2300BH was a nightmare. Our F150 was overheating on all the passes and like others mentioned, we were swaying quite a bit even though we have the upgraded hitch. I thought that after that trip, we were going to sell the trailer it was so miserable.

On our next trip out we rented an F250 Diesel. WOW, talk about a complete turnaround. Night and Day. So, we purchased a gas F250 and now camping is fun. The downside is that we miss our F150 twin turbo, but either it had to go or the trailer did.
    Everyone keeps saying this. Maybe your setup is wrong. I put 5000miles on this July. Pulling 7000lbs 2400bh. Went though many passes out west grades of 13% to 6% never felt underpowered. Never felt any sway when doing 70mph between semis. Braked well too. I love my 3.5EB. It’s the highest towing engine Ford offers for the f150 when you spec it out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don’t have a tag along, I do have a 230RL fifth wheel and I got over 20k miles towing this across the US, no issues with mountains……the biggest problem is pot holes……especially I10…..but we all have this problem.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123