Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Basement Heaters

Hiiiiii ; Hopefully this is the right spot for this question. I have a 2020 Momentum 320G , I can’t find the switch for the tank heaters not on the main panel board or anywheee in the trailer I can see. Do they have something to do with the heat / air thermostat ,just don’t know . Thanks Randy
    My Trailer is a 2020 Momentum 320G
    Truck 2019 Chev Silverado 3500 LTZ 6.6 box Duramax
    Firestone airbags rear

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm not familiar with your model but are you certain that you have heated tanks and not just the heated underbelly. The heated underbelly works with your furnace, it's an extra duck that heats the underbelly.

Sent from my SM-P610 using Tapatalk
    Steph & Lise
    2019 F150 Lariat 2.7 EB
    2020 Imagine XLS 22MLE

Mentioned
    229 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    G series only gets direct ducted heat when running the furnace.

No tank heaters on G series.
    Steve- Inventory Manager at Tom Schaeffer's RV, Shoemakersville, PA www.tomschaeffers.com
    [email protected]
    2011 RAM 3500 SRW Outdoorsman Edition 4X4, 6.7 Cummins--TWEAKED!
    2021 Reflection 310RLS

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have a Momentum 320G. I am trying to understand the heated tanks for fresh water, black tank and grey tank. When i purchased the unit new, the three switches on the panel that control the tanks did not illuminate. I was told these are due to a thermal coupler that will turn the tanks on when it is cold enough. Whatever could enough is. Two years into it I am now winter camping at 30 degrees and the switches still do not illuminate.

For clarification, these three switches are in row with eight other switches, all of which illuminate, except for the three for the heaters.

I am trying to determine if they are working. I have called Grand Design numerous times, VIN provided and literally have received a different answer every time I called. One tech explained these lights are not made to illuminate but they are on. ( they are the same style switch as the other eight ). Another answer is they will not come on because the belly heat is efficient enough they do not sense the need to activate. Another answer is there are thermo couplers that will active when cold enough and will illuminate at that time. Best answer to date is turn them on when it gets below 40 and they will work.

This panel is in thousands of RV's so I am hoping that someone has experience with how they work because Grand Design does not.

Thanks for your help.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Heated tank

I have a Momentum 320G. I am trying to understand the heated tanks for fresh water, black tank and grey tank. When i purchased the unit new, the three switches on the panel that control the tanks did not illuminate. I was told these are due to a thermal coupler that will turn the tanks on when it is cold enough. Whatever could enough is. Two years into it I am now winter camping at 30 degrees and the switches still do not illuminate.

For clarification, these three switches are in row with eight other switches, all of which illuminate, except for the three for the heaters.

I am trying to determine if they are working. I have called Grand Design numerous times, VIN provided and literally have received a different answer every time I called. One tech explained these lights are not made to illuminate but they are on. ( they are the same style switch as the other eight ). Another answer is they will not come on because the belly heat is efficient enough they do not sense the need to activate. Another answer is there are thermo couplers that will active when cold enough and will illuminate at that time. Best answer to date is turn them on when it gets below 40 and they will work.

This panel is in thousands of RV's so I am hoping that someone has experience with how they work because Grand Design does not.

Thanks for your help.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by talbrecht View Post

Thanks for your help.
    I have no experience with these so don't quote me on what I'm about to say. From what I've read on here, all the different answers that GD gave you are all correct.

Sent from my SM-P610 using Tapatalk
    Steph & Lise
    2019 F150 Lariat 2.7 EB
    2020 Imagine XLS 22MLE