User Tag List

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Recommendations for Cell Data Plan for mobile router

Looking for experiences and recommendations for a data plan for a mobile router..

Purchased a router(pepwave) AND a data plan... but so far the data plan has NOT worked except for a couple minutes. Who's got what and do you like it?
    2022 F450 Lariat
    2018 Solitude 377MBS

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have a 5G phone running on Visible that has a truly unlimited data hotspot. It is speed throttled but is usually fast enough to stream the firestick for hours. Visible is division of Verizon and it uses the Verizon towers. The best part is only $25.month.

We also have the wife's phone on Red Pocket which uses AT&T towers. But that plan is not unlimited data. There have been a couple of times when we had service on one carrier but not the other. In Yellowstone neither one worked.
    2020 Reflection 150 240RL
    2020 F250 XLT 7.3L Godzilla
    Curt A20 hitch with turning point locked
    Westinghouse igen4500 LIFEPO4 280ah 3.2v cells

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jdmfan View Post
    Looking for experiences and recommendations for a data plan for a mobile router..

Purchased a router(pepwave) AND a data plan... but so far the data plan has NOT worked except for a couple minutes. Who's got what and do you like it?
    Check out www.rvmobileinternet.com. They are the true experts for RV Internet! That is all they do and they have great resources on their website.

If you want true unlimited with no throttling you could look at Nomad Internet.
    Mike & Lisa
    Central Florida
    2021 Imagine 2970RL
    1996 Chevy K3500 Crew SRW 7.4L Gas

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi,
    I have never heard of Visible, did you get that from Verizon or rvmobileinternet.net? I have Verizon with a 4G unlimited, do I need more for Alaska? I was thinking of getting a Satellite phone just in case as I wanted to go all the way to Deadhorse.
    You live in Florida what route would you take to get to Canada? I'm in northern Ohio, and plan on I 75 up to Canada.
    When do you plan on leaving? My hope is to leave early June.
    Terry
    2022 Imagine
    2021 Chevy Silverado

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by PVISION View Post
    Hi,
    I have never heard of Visible, did you get that from Verizon or rvmobileinternet.net? I have Verizon with a 4G unlimited, do I need more for Alaska? I was thinking of getting a Satellite phone just in case as I wanted to go all the way to Deadhorse.
    You live in Florida what route would you take to get to Canada? I'm in northern Ohio, and plan on I 75 up to Canada.
    Visible is Verizon, just in blue instead of red.
    Mike & Lisa
    Central Florida
    2021 Imagine 2970RL
    1996 Chevy K3500 Crew SRW 7.4L Gas

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by PVISION View Post
    Hi,
    Check out Visible.com. It starts out at $40/month but they you do the party pay and it is $25/month. When we were on a two week trip I think I streamed over 200 gig and it did not cut me off. But it is throttled too slow to use at home, worked with one TV streaming 4K but buffered when trying to stream a second TV.

Before I got a satellite phone I think I would check into Starlink satellite internet and then use a phone to wifi call.
    2020 Reflection 150 240RL
    2020 F250 XLT 7.3L Godzilla
    Curt A20 hitch with turning point locked
    Westinghouse igen4500 LIFEPO4 280ah 3.2v cells

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We use the hotspot feature on our phones with a Total wireless two phone plan on Verizon towers We get 30 gb of data per month, and can purchase additional data very cheaply. We can use 10 GB per phone on hotspot per month.

Cost for two line plan is about $58.00 monthly. Not exactly what you asked for, but maybe it will help!

Sent from my moto g power using Tapatalk
    DECelt
    2021 Solitude 310-GK
    2022 Ram 3500 CCLB diesel

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If you need unlimited data, look into Nomad Internet. For $130.00/mo, you get unlimited data on T-Mobile's network and for $150.00/mo, you can get unlimited data on Verizon's network.

Both plans SAY that you will not be subjected to throttling, network management, or data caps.

Don't have them yet, but if Starlink doesn't go mobile by the time we go fulltime, we will be going with them.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk
    Mark & Mary. Full-timing across the USA (and Canada)!
    Current Coach: 2021 Grand Design Reflection 320MKS
    Current Rig: 2019 Ford F350 SD Crew Cab, w/8' box, Lariat, SRW, 6.7l Diesel

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you belong to FMCA you can get their hotspot plan. $49.95 a month for truly unlimited on a Sprint network. KEN
    Backpacker and tent camper all my life, including BSA as a kid and adult.
    Motorcycle trips across the USA with a tent - 1978 to Present.
    02-10-2005 - 2002 F350 SWD PSD and 2003 Citation 10'8S mostly for Crater Lake Ski Patrol.
    10-29-2015 - 2016 Grand Design 380TH. It's HUGE compared to a camper.
    10-19-2018 - traded truck for a 2016 Ram 3500 DRW Laramie CC 4 X 4 Long Box.
    03-16-2019 - Traded Momentum for a New 2018 374TH-R Solitude
    FULL TIME RV'er Nov 2021

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DECelt View Post
    We use the hotspot feature on our phones with a Total wireless two phone plan on Verizon towers We get 30 gb of data per month, and can purchase additional data very cheaply. We can use 10 GB per phone on hotspot per month.

Cost for two line plan is about $58.00 monthly. Not exactly what you asked for, but maybe it will help!

Sent from my moto g power using Tapatalk
    Starlink is rocking for us in Heber City, Utah (close to Park City). 200+ Mbps download, 25+Mbps upload). Amazing park here also at Mountain Valley RV resort.
    Jeff & Ally
    Started in Colorado Springs, Nov 2020 - full-timers
    Navy CPO ISC (SW/AW)
    RVIA Certified Tech (L1)
    2019 Grand Design - Solitude 377MBS
    2020 Chevy Silverado 3500 Duramax/Allison Standard Bed SRW