Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you very much. I will follow the instructions in the manual and measure as they recommend. I’ll update you all soon!

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I went from a 17 Ram 1500 to a 2021 Ram 2500. I had to turn the shank upside down and move the ball to the lowest setting. That measured 1/2 inch higher than what the 1500 measured and that's where i am now. Trailer is level, truck is level. Scale number are good, trailer tows well.
    Jay Leonard
    New Port Richey, Fl
    2022 Imagine 2600 RB, 2021 Ram 2500 CC Bighorn 6.7L Cummins

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    When we got our hauler, we got the Andersen 3350 hitch. They told us to completely level the unhooked trailer and measure. The ball should be about 2 inches higher.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk
    2018 F-250 crew cab 6.7 Powerstroke
    2022 Grand Design Momentum 349m
    https://www.epgsoft.com/visited-stat...100&format=png

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Jim, The goal is to have the truck and the trailer at the same level. It sounds like you did that if your hitch is like mine. Then, when you hook up your load leveling hitch you must load it to force the truck and trailer level when you are setting on level ground. In other words, you truck should not be down in the rear.

There should be a way to raise or lower your hitch ball on the truck to accomplish this.

Jay - Texas
    2021 Imagine 2600RB
    2021 Tundra

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Newguy...went from a Ram 1500 to a 2500, was about 4" higher at receiver. Dropped equalizer ball two holes on shank to lowest possible, then adjusted WD set up (per instructions measuring fender heights etc) and ended up nice and level with trailer. The 2500 didn't sag much in the rear, which I didn't expect at only 650 lbs hitch weight. Now, with a 5th wheel and 2700 lbs pin, truck did get level!!!

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You'll know it's right when both the trailer and the tow vehicle are parallel to flat ground and each other, with weight distribution applied.

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Jim, I have a Ram 2500 and due to the coil springs they sit higher than the average 3/4 ton trucks. I had to by a drop shank from etrailer in order to set up my hitch when I had an Imagine 2600RB.

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Awesome. Thank you for all the insights specific to the 2500. The rear end of my truck definitely sits higher than other three quarter tons I see on the road.

I ended up buying a new shank from husky with up to 9 1/2” of drop. I’ll be hitching it back up in about two weeks, so will test it out. Also need to go through proper setup of the hitch, in general.

I’ll report back when I pull her out of storage and tow her to the rv park.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have the 2950RL and no one has mentioned the 2970 has a very heavy tongue weight. Yours may be over 1000 lbs! I always recommend pulling perfectly level, I even added the Timbren bump stops to help on my Titan XD. I’m not a big fan of the Husky, just my personal preference, I always recommend the Equalizer E4, and for you probably the 1200 lb bars. I went big and got the ProPride 3P which added another 70 lbs to my tongue weight. Good luck in what ever you decide.

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I’ve owned many trailers and trucks and used different WDHs. There is no universal instruction to arrive at the goal: level trailer and level TV. It’s trial and error. One things I’ve noticed is few consider using balls with different rises. I tow a 2022 3100RD with a 2019 F150 using a BlueOx SwaPro, 1500 lb bars and a two inch ball rise. Both trailer and truck sit dead on level with about four inch drop.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12