User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Have an Imagine 2800BH. Looked at the Apex and coachman Freedom Express as comps with similar floorplans.

Deciding factors for us were (order of priority): "flow" of internal space, storage, build construction/season ratings, tank capacities, interior finishes, warranty/use restriction, roof capacity rating.

For 4k more, we feel like we got 2x the trailer we coukd have with the others. Time will tell if that feeling is correct.

Note: we purchased just before supply chain and pricing insanity hit, so your experience may differ.
    2020 Grand Design Imagine 2800BH
    2019 Toyota Tundra Limited 5.7

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bflooks View Post
    Have an Imagine 2800BH. Looked at the Apex and coachman Freedom Express as comps with similar floorplans.

Deciding factors for us were (order of priority): "flow" of internal space, storage, build construction/season ratings, tank capacities, interior finishes, warranty/use restriction, roof capacity rating.

For 4k more, we feel like we got 2x the trailer we coukd have with the others. Time will tell if that feeling is correct.

Note: we purchased just before supply chain and pricing insanity hit, so your experience may differ.
    Interesting that the coachmen was more money
    I looked at them and cougar and Imagine was a lot cheaper in my area
    I agree the layout and storage were hands down advantages to GD but the azdel construction of coachmen is much better imo

2021 Imagine 2400 BH
    2018 GMC Sierra 4x4 crew
    2021 Imagine 2400 BH
    2018 GMC Sierra 4x4 Crew 1840lb payload

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NB Canada View Post
    Interesting that the coachmen was more money
    I looked at them and cougar and Imagine was a lot cheaper in my area
    I agree the layout and storage were hands down advantages to GD but the azdel construction of coachmen is much better imo

2021 Imagine 2400 BH
    2018 GMC Sierra 4x4 crew
    Dont disagree with the guarantee of no mold issues, but the GD felt more home like in build quality, and it doesnt have the climbing wall that wasn't an option like the coachman did. Cool for small kids, not for 10-18 yr olds. ��

The rest of the list the GD really won out. The rest of the build made us feel the risk of mold was lower with a GD and I'll take 4 season rating up here in the northeast. Makes Columbus Day doable every year regardless if it is 90 or snowing and helps extend our season a bit.

All of this is just our own opinions. The aztel was a nice feature of the coachman.
    2020 Grand Design Imagine 2800BH
    2019 Toyota Tundra Limited 5.7

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We love our Imagine 22MLE, had a nice kitchen set-up with part of it on the large slide-out so 2 people can [email protected] same time, recliners to relax and it is still easy to move around in when the slide-out is in. Our friends bought a rear living area Cougar and have had a lot of issues with it leaking, electronics not functioning and trim falling off the interior.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Outdoors RV (ORV) make a quality travel trailer but they cost more.

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We have had over 13 RVs in our life time. Every style, and type. We just finished our first trip with our new 22MLE. It is the best rv we have ever had. Perfect layout for 2 people. The seating provides for relaxation following a day of fun. Everything worked on our trip. Nothing needed repair. This is a first for us. Our last two travel trailers have been Jayco, and after the first one had 24 repair items after the first time out, we decided on a larger Jayco. The first time out, the bed fell into the storage compartment. This trailer had 16 issues from the first time out. The only other brand with no real problems has been Montana. This trailer has so much storage, we will never fill it up. You will love a new 22MLE.

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The 2023 XLS 23 LDE looks pretty sweet too. We have the 2021 XLS 22 RBE and love it, but would like the separate dining area and a few other perks the 23 has. Solar already installed, 2 doors, slide on the driver side, etc.
    Paula & Mike *Retired and Loving It!
    Former Michiganders, now in Englewood, FL
    Imagine XLS 22RBE * GMC Yukon Denali
    Lenny the Wonderdog * 2 Bikes * 2 Kayaks

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Forest river rockwood and flagstaff lines are pretty good quality.
    2021 Imagine 2800BH
    2017 Flagstaff 831CLBSS - Sold 5/2021.
    2017 F150 Super crew, 3.5EB, long bed, max tow, 1800lbs payload. Pro Pride, prior WDH Blue Ox SwayPro

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I bought my 2021 Grand Design Imagine XLS in October 2021. I absolutely love the lay out. I don't need all the luxuries of home...I'm camping...but apparently a lot of people do. Don't get it. I passed up a used Artic Fox and I regret it to this day. I used mine during deer season last year. Found leak as well as many other issues in early spring. Mine has been in the shop since August 11, 2021. No spring or summer camping on the lake. I have read numerous articles about the state of the RV industry. According to one article RV Dealerships nationwide are swamped with repairs primarily due to shoddy workmanship by the manufacturers. One article went as far to say..."now is not the time to buy a new RV". With all due respect and fairness...it is not just Grand Design.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Compared to MHs, TTs are all fairly poor quality, with just a couple of exceptions. That said, all the brands we looked at were much better quality than our first TT.

We bought our Imagine, in a large part, due to the reputation of high quality you read about on this forum. But, after 2 months ownership I don't see any quality advantage in our unit. I'm still the last 30' of the production line. The advantage of GD over other mfgs is likely customer service.

Would I buy it again.....not sure.

Dave
    2022 Imagine 2670MK - ProPride - TV Ram 1500
    2018 Isata-3 24FW - Toad 2019 Wrangler 2.0 Turbo
    2015 Tiffin Allegro 36LA - Toad 2014 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara
    2011 Spree 323RLS, 2007 Zeppelin 281- TV Armada

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12