User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Imagine vs Competing Travel Trailers

Looking to get our first travel trailer. We like the Imagine 22MLE or one on the smaller side so we can tow with a 1/2 with max tow package. What other travel trailer brands did you look at that were similar to the Image and came in a close second? I think the Keystone Cougar looks nice as well but want to do research the competing travel trailers in this class.

Thank You!
    Last edited by RLundin; 08-29-2021 at 06:34 AM.

Mentioned
    190 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Do you mean "Imagine" travel trailers?

Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    2012 F350 DRW CC LB Lariat PS 6.7
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes,
    Sailun LRG tires, solar, DP windows, W/D
    (Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We looked at Whitehawk,Cougar(love the front windshield) and Coachmen Freedom

The Imagine had a better layout for my bunkhouse needs and larger exterior storage. But the biggest thing was Imagine was a lot cheaper

If looking for a smaller couples trailer I likely would have gone with the Cougar. Beautiful trailer

2021 Imagine 2400 BH
    2018 GMC Sierra 4x4 crew
    2021 Imagine 2400 BH
    2018 GMC Sierra 4x4 Crew 1840lb payload

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    For an Imagine bunkhouse model, you have your choice of 2800BH (6400 lbs. unloaded) and the 2910BH (7100 lbs.). Do yourself and go bigger rather than going with a 22' to 25' trailer.

The question is which would you be the most comfortable towing after you add your "stuff" which may be another 800-1000 lbs.

If your truck is truly a Max Tow equipped truck, you can handle either--but you'll likely be max'd out with your capabilities. There are relatively few Max Tow trucks on dealer lots due to price.

A premium weight distributing hitch would be suggested.

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NB Canada View Post
    We looked at Whitehawk,Cougar(love the front windshield) and Coachmen Freedom

The Imagine had a better layout for my bunkhouse needs and larger exterior storage. But the biggest thing was Imagine was a lot cheaper

If looking for a smaller couples trailer I likely would have gone with the Cougar. Beautiful trailer
    We are not looking for a bunkhouse layout. It will be just my wife and myself 90% of the time. Since trailers are in such short supply right now, you can't just show up a a dealer and see trailers that are comparable to Grand Design. I'm hoping to narrow down my search to trailers that are comparable in quality, layout and price if possible. So many trailers look like they would start to fall apart after a year. I will look into Whitehawk and Coachman Freedom.

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RLundin View Post
    We are not looking for a bunkhouse layout. It will be just my wife and myself 90% of the time. Since trailers are in such short supply right now, you can't just show up a a dealer and see trailers that are comparable to Grand Design. I'm hoping to narrow down my search to trailers that are comparable in quality, layout and price if possible. So many trailers look like they would start to fall apart after a year. I will look into Whitehawk and Coachman Freedom.
    I know you are not looking for a bunkhouse. I didn’t say that
    I was just saying why I chose the Imagine. Layout was the number one reason, features next and they were the cheapest

2021 Imagine 2400 BH
    2018 GMC Sierra 4x4 crew
    2021 Imagine 2400 BH
    2018 GMC Sierra 4x4 Crew 1840lb payload

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Lance builds a very good trailer. They’re slightly lower profile and weight but also about 25% higher in price in equivalent size.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We were looking between Grand Design 22MLE and Starcraft Super Lite 212FB. Ultimately I liked the 22MLE because it had the table and the sofa. Among other likes.

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I like the Imagine 22MLE as well. The Cougar 22MLS has the same floor plan but Cougars seem to have a higher price than the Imagine. What other travel trailers are you considering?

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We ended up getting the 22MLE earlier this year. It ticked all the boxes, main ones being length so it fits in the driveway and weight. Having a full size queen and not a murphy bed and a dinette were our layout wants. The aluminum build and exterior of the MLE also were worth the extra over the other brands.

I am not brand loyal so using my wants I looked at Jayco, Coleman, R-Pod, Forest River etc.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast