Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: New 310GK-R

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

New 310GK-R

Hi All,

New to the RV lifestyle. Picking up a 2022 Solitude 310GK-R on Friday. Tow vehicle 2021 RAM 3500 Laramie HO diesel, 4x4, Dually.
    Have done lots of research on recommended Apps, Accessories etc. as well as pros/cons of 5th wheeling! I'm looking forward to getting past the "slightly overwhelmed" phase to the "happily on the road" phase.
    Any recommendations/words of wisdom are very welcome.
    Best Regards,
    Hutch

Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Do a very thorough pre-delivery inspection because even looking at paperwork. Every system, every feature, fit and finish, etc. Don't let your dealer tell you they cannot do "X". Call them in advance and tell them you expect to be able to verify shorepower, propane system, freshwater, holding tanks, so they have it ready to go for you. Run through the auto-leveling yourself (after guidance if not familiar with system). Check the trailers brakes before you ever pull off the lot and make sure lugnuts and pinbox bolts are tight to torque. Make sure you have manuals and remotes for everything you should. Then, most of all, enjoy your new rig! It will tow like a dream behind your RAM!
    Rob & Nikki + Cloverfield
    2020 Grand Design Solitude S-Class 3350RL
    2015 RAM 3500 Longhorn Laramie Crew Cab, Long Bed, 4x4 Dually Cummins/AISIN

Mountains of Pennsylvania

Mentioned
    136 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Welcome to the forum. Best advice is practice parking, look up (pay attention to overhead clearance) and dont be afraid to ask for help if unsure of something.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    2023 Momentum 398M-R
    2023 Ford F-450

SOLD - 2021 Reflection 311BHS
    SOLD - 2017 Momentum 399TH

Mentioned
    187 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Welcome to the forum, Hutch! You're getting good advice from others, so I'll just put in my usual pitch... you can create a signature block with your RV and tow vehicle information (see mine below). That way you won't have to repeat that information whenever you post or ask a question - and others won't have to ask. You can create a signature by going to:

Forum Actions (on menu bar) -> Edit Profile -> Edit Signature (under My Settings on the left)

Happy camping!

Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    2012 F350 DRW CC LB Lariat PS 6.7
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes,
    Sailun LRG tires, solar, DP windows, W/D
    (Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BHutch View Post
    Hi All,

New to the RV lifestyle. Picking up a 2022 Solitude 310GK-R on Friday. Tow vehicle 2021 RAM 3500 Laramie HO diesel, 4x4, Dually.
    Have done lots of research on recommended Apps, Accessories etc. as well as pros/cons of 5th wheeling! I'm looking forward to getting past the "slightly overwhelmed" phase to the "happily on the road" phase.
    Any recommendations/words of wisdom are very welcome.
    Best Regards,
    Hutch
    First - welcome to the forum! And also welcome to the hobby.

My words of wisdom would be to be prepared for things that don't work right (or as you expected); things to be broken on day one; thinks to break; and plans that don't quite go as planned. A good attitude and patience goes a long way; venting, cussing, complaining, doesn't do much. And there are always others who have been through what you are going to experience so "lean" on them for help (on line and in campgrounds).
    Larry KE4DMG
    2022 F-350 KRU SRW LB - Airlift 5000+, ForScan, 37 RDS Aux Tank,
    2019 310GK-R - Sailuns; MorRyde IS; Disc Brakes; 20K Reese Goosebox
    Search kalakamods for my mods

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Update: Picked up the 5W on Friday - good walk-through by LD Knoxville.
    Stayed in a nearby campground on day 1, just in case something didn't work right. Suffered a couple of greenhorn issues at campsite - promptly solved be tech support on the phone.
    Drove from East Knoxville, through the Smoky Mountains (great drive/ scenery) with a couple of short 6.5/ 7% grades. Stayed in Savannah, GA overnight, then home to Orlando today. Pulled like a dream!
    One question - can I plug into a 110 outlet at the storage center to keep batteries charged? Where is the place to plug this in? Do I need some kind of adapter to go into the 50 AMP socket, or is there a place to plug in a regular extension cord. This is only for short term to keep batteries charged.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the welcome messages!

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Stayed in a nearby campground on day 1, just in case something didn't work right. Suffered a couple of greenhorn issues at campsite - promptly solved be tech support on the phone.
    Drove from East Knoxville, through the Smoky Mountains (great drive/ scenery) with a couple of short 6.5/ 7% grades. Stayed in Savannah, GA overnight, then home to Orlando today. Pulled like a dream!
    One question - can I plug into a 110 outlet at the storage center to keep batteries charged? Where is the place to plug this in? Do I need some kind of adapter to go into the 50 AMP socket, or is there a place to plug in a regular extension cord. This is only for short term to keep batteries charged.
    You need adaptors to get your 50 amp power supply down to the 110 outlet. Also, if possible, circuit break the outlet "off" before you plug in. Plugging the trailer into a live circuit has a tendency to blow something. Additionally. if you're using an extension cord, it should be at least 8 gauge wire.
    2019 Solitude 310GK
    2017 Ford F-350 Lariat SRW CC Short Bed, Power Stroke 6.7L
    Pullrite Superglide 16k

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Congrats! One thing is just take it slow don't get in a hurry and if you want to know something this is a good place to ask.
    2022 GMC Denali Ultimate DRW
    2023 North Point 310RLTS
    MSG Retired Army

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes, you can plug into 110 outlet with an adapter and a 110 extension cord. That what I did when I was in a storage lot with a 110 v outlet. It will keep battery charged, let you use lights fridge on electric if desired. I also used this when I took my RV home night to load the RV before a trip and to precool the fridge.

Here’s one example of an adapter. https://www.amazon.com/MICTUNING-Con...dp/B08SHKCL5G/
    Jerry & Linda
    Emma & Abby our Mini Golden Doodles & JR our Amazon Parrot
    2017 Reflection 337RLS, Build Date 01/2017, Titan Disk Brakes, Goodyear G614s 235/85/16 G Rated tires
    2022 F-450 King Ranch Ultimate, 4,868 lb Payload, Bedrug Bedliner, Andersen Ultimate II Aluminum 5th wheel hitch
    http://visitedstatesmap.com/image/FLGANCSCsm.jpg

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast