Likes Likes:  0
    Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Post 2022 Imagine 22RBE converter

Hi,

I'm told I'm going to get my 2022 Imagine XLS 22RBE this week . I intend to rewire the 12 system with a bank of 4 Lithium Ion Lion Energy UT1300s.

Does anyone know the WFCO model that is being shipped with the 22RBE? I'd like to know it's ratings and if it is Lithium compatible. Depending on that I may replace it. If I do, any suggestions on how to sell the OEM model?

thanks!

Mentioned
    191 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The OEM WFCO converter/chargers in Grand Design RVs are not designed for lithium ion batteries. They have voltage parameters for lead-acid only. They won't hurt your LiFePO4 batteries - they just won't charge them all the way. The stock converter/chargers are a dime a dozen... I sold one on Amazon Marketplace last year for $50. I believe that the converter/charger in the Imagine travel trailers is integral with the power distribution center, anyway, and not a separate unit. Replacement will require some rewiring skills.

Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    2012 F350 DRW CC LB Lariat PS 6.7
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes,
    Sailun LRG tires, solar, DP windows, W/D
    (Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TravelHabit View Post
    Hi,

I'm told I'm going to get my 2022 Imagine XLS 22RBE this week . I intend to rewire the 12 system with a bank of 4 Lithium Ion Lion Energy UT1300s.

Does anyone know the WFCO model that is being shipped with the 22RBE? I'd like to know it's ratings and if it is Lithium compatible. Depending on that I may replace it. If I do, any suggestions on how to sell the OEM model?

thanks!
    on my 2022 Imagine XLS 22RBE it says on the WFCO cover that it has auto detect for lithium ion battery

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Papa1ron View Post
    on my 2022 Imagine XLS 22RBE it says on the WFCO cover that it has auto detect for lithium ion battery
    Interesting mine did not have that. Could be that I was one of the first off the line and they possibly used the prior years' version... I ended up disconnecting the WFCO charger and installing a Victron multiplus in the open cabinet space between the stove and the sink. Kept the WFCO and continued to use it as the power distribution center holding the breakers and fuses. Very glad I got the Victron as it has so many other features besides being a charger and an inverter.
    Last edited by TravelHabit; 12-16-2022 at 08:55 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Victron is hard to beat good quality do you have any pictures of your install

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TravelHabit View Post
    Hi,

thanks!
    If you have the WFCO WF-8930 load panel then this is a lithium only convertor. It is a direct replacement for the WF-9855. Very simple replacement. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Converter.jpg 
Views:	15 
Size:	97.8 KB 
ID:	44183
    Mike & (RIP Karen)
    2021 Imagine 2600RB
    2011 Toyota Tundra 5.7 RW, Tow Package
    Husky Centerline WDH
    Champion 2500DF, Prodigy P2