User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TexasToyTrike View Post
    All good advice. Just ordered the Shurline LM-5000 (why not, it was the same price as the 2000). Headed to the CAT scales as soon as I can. I downloaded their mobile app and you don’t even have to get out of the truck to get weighed and get a report.
    Interesting point about the Propride limit of 1400lbs. I’ve never had a trailer with this much TW so didn’t think about the PP limit. The 1350 TW I mentioned previously is the manufacturers official dry / factory TW. I also just ordered a Airlift set of bags and new Blistein shocks.
    1 week for delivery.
    I’m still confident I won’t be over on GVWR nor TW - but as you all noted, I won’t know until I scale.
    Here’s a pic of the set up.
    Nice looking pair. I run a Facebook group specifically for the 29G and 31G trailers so see people setting those up every day. I'm betting you'll be surprised by the ready to camp tongue weight on your 30G as pretty much everyone has been on the 29G and 31G. Our 31G has 1900lbs of tongue weight with empty tanks, 2200 with full fresh tanks and nothing in the garage and 1700 with our Talon loaded.
    2021 Momentum 31G
    2021 20' Haulmark Edge race trailer
    '17 Ram CCLB 3500 dually 6.7 turbo
    '96 Chevy C3500 CC dually 454
    2019 Honda Talon X
    1985 Honda FL350R Odyssey

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks Rob. Makes sense.

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for all the responses. Lots to mull over and will actually see the real numbers once we get the rv.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TerryH View Post
    Nice looking pair. I run a Facebook group specifically for the 29G and 31G trailers so see people setting those up every day. I'm betting you'll be surprised by the ready to camp tongue weight on your 30G as pretty much everyone has been on the 29G and 31G. Our 31G has 1900lbs of tongue weight with empty tanks, 2200 with full fresh tanks and nothing in the garage and 1700 with our Talon loaded.
    We’ll this could be an interesting weighting exercise if people are seeing these higher TW. My truck, 15’ GMC 2500 HD 4x4 Denali has a towing capacity of 13k. With TW needing to be a MAX of 15%, that’s 1,800 lbs of TW. The trailer has a GVWR of 12k, so that fits within spec. But if folks on your FB group are seeing TW between 1700-2200 when they are fully loaded, we could be right at the edge. I’m hauling a Honda Goldwing Trike that weights about 1250 lbs. Of course that trike weight helps lower the tongue weight.
    I guess we’ll see when we hit the scales.

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have a 2020 21 G and pull it with a 2500 chevy gasser. My hitch is a 1200/12000 basic equilizer. I'm 9500 fully loaded with RZR, water, fuel and camp stuff. Max GVR is 9995. I have no issues with fishtailing outside of high winds in Wyoming. We've done Monarch pass in CO, 8% down hill and no sway from pushing. Just came home from Black Hills yesterday running 70+ mph and no sway. Including 18 wheelers passing the opposite way on a 2 lane road at velocity.
    We have similar trucks, yours better than mine and in summary I don't know what the problem could be other than the hitch. My truck/hitch assembly has been no problem with the 21G in some adverse conditions.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12