User Tag List

Results 1 to 7 of 7
  1. #1
    Setting Up Camp
    Join Date
    Dec 2020
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    21
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    378 mbs-r 1st 3 months

    Hello everyone! I just wanted to give a 3 month review of our camper.
    We ordered our unit in the middle of December and took delivery in the middle of May. We ordered full body paint, dual pane windows, and a king size bed. No gen prep or solar installed since we mostly stay at campgrounds with full hookups.
    We are very pleased with our purchase! We had one issue with the furnace which was resolved with the help of a mobile RV repair service but the only other issues have been a few loose pieces of trim. We especially like the insignia stove and oven as well as the residential refrigerator. We lost power due to a storm and the inverter kept or refrigerator cool with the help of the two lead acid batteries installed at the dealer. Power was out for about 12 hours and the battery voltage was still at 12.2 volts.
    The middle room is great for storing shoes, coats, and other essentials for which you are normally hunting for a spot to stash. Twice we have used it as a guest bedroom and had no complaints either time.
    We feel that this is the perfect layout for our extended stay/ full time needs. It has plenty of room for the two of us as well as occasional company and has loads of interior storage which we have yet to fill. We would definitely recommend this brand and especially this model to anyone trying to decide!
    2014 Ford F350 Supercab DRW
    2021 Solitude 378 MBS-R FBP, Dual pane windows

  2. #2
    New Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2021
    Posts
    2
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you for your review! We are hoping to place one of these on order in the next few months for next year. Definitely have been curious on the standard inverter for the residential fridge, so thank you! How is the space in the bunk room? We are hoping to use it as an office for when my wife needs to work while on the road and a room for when my parents are joining us.

    I know the tri-fold in the living area is large... hows the one in the bunk room?

    Is the TV too small for the space?

    Ideally we will be part-timing in this rig with the longest stent being 9-ish months.

    Very interested in your experiences!

  3. #3
    Setting Up Camp
    Join Date
    Dec 2020
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    21
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ghostlyorb View Post
    Thank you for your review! We are hoping to place one of these on order in the next few months for next year. Definitely have been curious on the standard inverter for the residential fridge, so thank you! How is the space in the bunk room? We are hoping to use it as an office for when my wife needs to work while on the road and a room for when my parents are joining us.

    I know the tri-fold in the living area is large... hows the one in the bunk room?

    Is the TV too small for the space?

    Ideally we will be part-timing in this rig with the longest stent being 9-ish months.

    Very interested in your experiences!
    I feel the middle bedroom would make an adequate office space. The desk measures 29"w X 17"d X 30" high. The bed is a full sized bed and once opened up it consumes the entire room. The television measures 40" diagonally and fills up the space it occupies. We are still very happy with our choice!
    2014 Ford F350 Supercab DRW
    2021 Solitude 378 MBS-R FBP, Dual pane windows

  4. #4
    New Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2021
    Posts
    2
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparkybeau1 View Post
    I feel the middle bedroom would make an adequate office space. The desk measures 29"w X 17"d X 30" high. The bed is a full sized bed and once opened up it consumes the entire room. The television measures 40" diagonally and fills up the space it occupies. We are still very happy with our choice!
    Oh! And I now see that you have Dual Pane Windows. How are they? Worth the upgrade? I'm considering them since we are military and don't know if we are going to Florida next or Colorado. So vary different climates.

  5. #5
    We Have a Great Site Team WhittleBurner's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    In the Mitten !
    Posts
    8,335
    Blog Entries
    19
    Mentioned
    92 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ghostlyorb View Post
    Oh! And I now see that you have Dual Pane Windows. How are they? Worth the upgrade? I'm considering them since we are military and don't know if we are going to Florida next or Colorado. So vary different climates.
    Can't answer to the windows but do suggest the upgraded 8,00lb axles when you order. Well worth the upcharge when you look at all the CC you gain
    Marcy & Gary
    2014 Grand Design - Reflection 303RLS
    2022 GMC 3500 Denali Duramax Longbed SRW
    2015 GMC Denali 3500 - Retired
    2003 F350 - retired
    Michigan
    We're in trouble now, the dog are bloggin'!
    https://3dogsandatrailer.wordpress.com/


  6. #6
    Setting Up Camp
    Join Date
    Dec 2020
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    21
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ghostlyorb View Post
    Oh! And I now see that you have Dual Pane Windows. How are they? Worth the upgrade? I'm considering them since we are military and don't know if we are going to Florida next or Colorado. So vary different climates.
    We never know for sure where we're going to be so the windows were the added protection just in case. In regards to the axles, we have a January appointment at Morryde for the independent suspension and disk brakes. I didn't want to pay for upgraded axles at Grand Design just to remove them at Morryde.
    2014 Ford F350 Supercab DRW
    2021 Solitude 378 MBS-R FBP, Dual pane windows

  7. #7
    Fireside Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Location
    Idaho
    Posts
    51
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the update. We have the earlier model, 377 mbs and love it. I have 3 girls so the loft over the mid bunk room is especially nice. I use the mid room as a very nice office during extended outings. It really is a great floor plan.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

DISCLAIMER:This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Grand Design RV, LLC or any of its affiliates. This is an independent site.