User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ordered 2022 2800bh

Hey guys, first time travel trailer owner. We ordered a 2022 2800 bh that is supposed to be built very soon, and eta of arrival is aprox end of sept. Curious of what the state of shortages is like, read a few times people are getting plastic toilets instead of porcelain for example. What’s everyone else getting? How’s quality control been at the end of the pandemic ? Thanks for the input .

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Be sure to let us know when your unit comes in. Too many people are being quoted six months to a year. Good luck and enjoy.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Will do, thanks!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    2022 2910BH July build arrived with a porcelain toilet, two furrion AC units, the proper two color led lights in the bedroom and Lippert (yuck) as opposed to Dexter axles. Unit was built on a Tuesday.

After completion of the industry leading PDI process Grand Design was kind enough to leave me with a few bonus items...

1. Faulty frame weld from Lippert with complete weld missing on one side and another weld that actually burned fully through the underlying frame member.
    2. One out of 4 factory brakes misadjusted leading to a flat spotted brand new Endurance tire.
    3. Cracked and broken wood under bottom bunk unit.
    4. Main entry door striker plate installed too high. Interestingly the plant worker knew they made a mistake because they drilled three different holes and finally gave up after hiding the holes under the striker plate. Will require a door and frame replacement.
    5. Furrion ac shroud fastening clip broken and a 3 inch gap between top and bottom covers.
    6. Power supply on main AC unit not screwed down to mounting plate. Simply flopping around inside unit cover.
    7. Access ladder bottom supports misaligned by roughly 1 inch and a crooked ladder.
    8. Passenger side slam baggage door/frame installed incorrectly resulting in visible daylight around door seal. Will require a door and frame replacement.
    9. Two sliding interior doors installed in the camper with crush damage on the bottoms. Will require new doors.
    10. Drawers so poorly aligned that they bump when two are open at the same time.
    11. Sealed roof areas with extremely inconsistent widths. Everything from 1 inch to 4 inches. One area was clearly "stretched" to avoid grabbing a new tube.
    12. 8 tear spots in exterior decals.
    13. So much extra wiring that a bird could make a nest out of it in some places.
    14. Two AC penetrations and the vent penetrations cut out in nothing close to a straight line.
    15. A completely missing bedspread.
    16. One interior speaker with a nice static sound.
    17. Solar connection port on the roof completely sealed over with sealant.
    18. Underbelly coroplast with numerous screw holes due to an installer trying to screw in where there was nothing to screw to. A few nice tears in the fabric also.
    19. Propane tank connection and splitter with two stripped and cracked plastic screw collars.
    20. Dometic refrigerator with rusting screws and washers on the back wall.
    21. One oddball booth dinette cushion with a completely different thickness and density foam. It compresses completely flat with any amount of pressure.
    22. Three low spots on the roof that form puddles after a rain.
    23. Completely uninstalled under stove kick panel below cabinets and drawers.
    24. Broken hanging door hardware on one sliding door and a subsequent detached door with wall damage.
    25. Trim fastening screws installed aimed up, aimed down, aimed sideways, and in any other direction imaginable.
    26. My favorite....4 tennis shoe prints in roof sealer areas one of the Grand Design craftsmen stepped on while sealer was still wet.

This list is not to rain on your parade. It is to paint a realistic picture of what Grand Design is producing and allowing to exit their factory. Admittedly some of these items are small. They are still factory created and allowed issues however.

My Coachmen Freedom Express cost 1/2 of what the Grand Design cost and eats its lunch on fit, finish, and quality control.
    Last edited by chantheman; 08-31-2021 at 10:43 PM.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by chantheman View Post
    2022 2910BH July build arrived with a porcelain toilet, two furrion AC units, the proper two color led lights in the bedroom and Lippert (yuck) as opposed to Dexter axles. Unit was built on a Tuesday.

After completion of the industry leading PDI process Grand Design was kind enough to leave me with a few bonus items...

Wow, that is quite a list. I took delivery in Feb 2020 and while there were a couple of head-scratchers, nothing like this list. Did GD address any of the major items?
    2020 Imagine 2400BH
    2021 Ram 2500 Laramie - 6.7L Cummins Turbo Diesel

BattleBorn LiFePO4 - Renogy/Victron Solar - SumoSprings - SeeLevel II

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If I may ask a rookie question, how did you determine you had Lippert Axles vs Dexter. TY in advance.

r/

k

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My unit is a work in progress.

Two exterior door units on order. Booth dinette cushion on order, and two interior doors on order. At this point minor things are being handled. I’m not ready to give any credit to GD. My dealer gets the credit as they are being extremely aggressive and are similarly disappointed in what GD shipped. It’s looking out over a lake with me as I type this. Im sure I’ll have more for my dealer to bill GD by the end of the weekend trip.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kenb58 View Post
    If I may ask a rookie question, how did you determine you had Lippert Axles vs Dexter. TY in advance.

r/

k
    GD parts lookup on their website shows both 4400# axle part numbers. One is Dexter and clearly shows the Dexter logo on part image. Lippert is the second axle possibility and a quick shimmy under the unit will yield manufacturer sticker somewhere on the axle circumference near the apex of the upward curve.

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    thank you.