User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So we are pretty sure there isn't anything wrong with the water heater, although it seems to be fairly inconsistent on the recharge time from day to day. Since there are 4 of us living in the RV full time, we think that having the tankless system would be easier to do showers and dishes and stuff at night. Was going to do some more searching on the forums, but we are looking at replacing the water heater with the Furrion tankless. Thanks for the advice everyone!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Josh Ward
    2022 Momentum 395 MS-R, 8k axles
    2020 Ram 3500 4 door, DRW, 4wd, diesel, 4:10, Airlift bags, Reese 27k hitch

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Is the gas firing? If so, I'm not sure what the issue is, on our 351M with both the gas and electric elements on (at the same time), it's basically a tankless system. We've never run out, and my wife takes some rather ridiculous showers.

On just electric, ~10-15 mins seems about right for really HOT shower water. After that it does start to cool off.

The board that fires the gas is a known weak spot. It's a bit of an ordeal to change it, but, if that's your problem (gas not firing), that's probably the issue. Get a Dinosaur board for it and that'll likely be the end of the problem.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Overtaxed View Post
    Is the gas firing? If so, I'm not sure what the issue is, on our 351M with both the gas and electric elements on (at the same time), it's basically a tankless system. We've never run out, and my wife takes some rather ridiculous showers.

On just electric, ~10-15 mins seems about right for really HOT shower water. After that it does start to cool off.

The board that fires the gas is a known weak spot. It's a bit of an ordeal to change it, but, if that's your problem (gas not firing), that's probably the issue. Get a Dinosaur board for it and that'll likely be the end of the problem.
    Thanks for the suggestion, gas was kicking off, it was just down to math unfortunately... Our shower head uses a lot of water compared to most. (Dunno if the 351M has the rainshower head?) At 1.5 gpm, it just doesn't last super long, and the recharge time was on par with manufacturer specs. We switched for the Furrion tankless and now can do shower-dishes-shower-etc.

Josh Ward

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Paragod1345 View Post
    So we have been living in our rig full time for a month or so now, and we've noticed that even with both the electric and gas on to our water heater, we only get about 8 minutes of shower time until we run out of water. This is true on city water and dry camping.

Does anyone else with a 395MS have similar issues? The reason I ask is that I think our rig has a different shower head than other momentums. We have the square rain head with the wall sprayers and the handheld sprayer.

The other day I drained and flushed the water heater, and checked the anode, which was good. This didn't change our hot water shower time at all.

We are considering a tankless water heater for the shower if that is all the shower time we should expect from our water heater.

This is going to be very far-fetched, but is it possible that the tank is connected backwards? Cold goes in the bottom and hot comes out the top, sometimes with a check valve.

You didn't mention whether or not you are shutting the water off while soaping/washing. This also makes a big difference...
    Frank and Char + Maya, Newport, Michigan. 2016 Solitude 379FL/2006 F250 6.0 diesel w/dually conversion. 4th rain-sense roof vent, two ceiling fans, Kodiak disc brakes, Carlisle G 14-ply tires, Water Miser x2, final dump valve, water header tank, fridge cond fan switch, outside range exhaust, elec hot water anode, filtered drinking water, triple battery box,

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No they were connected correctly... Thanks for the suggestion! I think the tankless heater was just the right for for us with 2 adults and 2 young kids full-timing.

Josh Ward

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

tankless vs tanked

Quote Originally Posted by Paragod1345 View Post
    So we have been living in our rig full time for a month or so now, and we've noticed that even with both the electric and gas on to our water heater, we only get about 8 minutes of shower time until we run out of water. This is true on city water and dry camping.

Does anyone else with a 395MS have similar issues? The reason I ask is that I think our rig has a different shower head than other momentums. We have the square rain head with the wall sprayers and the handheld sprayer.

The other day I drained and flushed the water heater, and checked the anode, which was good. This didn't change our hot water shower time at all.

We are considering a tankless water heater for the shower if that is all the shower time we should expect from our water heater.

Differently go tankless. We have lived in our 2019 320mks for a year as we build our new home.Never an issue and all the hot water you ever need. Even when we had a foot of snow last winter and the howling winds we had hot water. I installed the Girard unit which was an easy install. Hot water controls are in the house not outside .I also installed the Oxygenics shower head in place of the stock GD version for a home like feeling, another easy install. Only issue is the GD factory plumbing, lack of clean hosing all in the mechanical bay. I changed it all out with real wisrbo hose and shrink clamps.The metal pinch clamps are not worthy of road travel with all the shaking as you travel the roads. The 6-10 gallon hot water heaters are ok if you want to wash dishes but not take showers. Good luck

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12