User Tag List

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

September pricing

I have been looking to buy a new Reflection 278BH. Does anyone think the prices will go down throughout September or October or are the price increases here to stay for awhile?

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kycamper16 View Post
    I have been looking to buy a new Reflection 278BH. Does anyone think the prices will go down throughout September or October or are the price increases here to stay for awhile?
    Definitely here to stay imo plus recently GD said orders will not be price protected so make sure you make an arrangement for the dealer to eat any increases that may occur from order to sale if you are ordering

2021 Imagine 2400 BH
    2018 GMC Sierra 4x4 crew
    2021 Imagine 2400 BH
    2018 GMC Sierra 4x4 Crew 1840lb payload

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for responding. I have talked to alot of dealers already and none of them will negotiate at all. They have there price and wont budge off it. Im the type of person that wont buy unless they atleast take something off. I was hoping that would change as demand decreases as winter gets closer.

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for responding. I have talked to alot of dealers already and none of them will negotiate at all. They have there price and wont budge off it. Im the type of person that wont buy unless they atleast take something off. I was hoping that would change as demand decreases as winter gets closer.
    Unlike most other products in the world, RVs don't really have a "season". People travel year round, especially in the last year and a half. There are lots of "newbies" who've bought an RV in the last year because it seems to be the only way to actually take a trip with the current travel restrictions.

I don't see dealers doing a lot of negotiating in the foreseeable future.

As a suggestion, when we bought our rig, we got an online quote from a dealer that was about 250 miles from our house, asking them for their absolute, rock-bottom price. Then we took that price to the dealer closest to us and asked if they'd match it. They did, so we bought from the one closest. Now, we were also willing to travel that 250 miles to get the better price, if they hadn't.

2017 Reflection 26RL "Mili"
    2016 Ford F250 Extended Cab Gas Engine "Buck" (the truck)

Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The major manufacturers all have orders booked well into next Spring, and continued challenges in material supply are looking like they'll continue into next year. So the strong demand with limited supply is the recipe for a seller's market.
    Rob & Nikki + Cloverfield
    2020 Grand Design Solitude S-Class 3350RL
    2015 RAM 3500 Longhorn Laramie Crew Cab, Long Bed, 4x4 Dually Cummins/AISIN

Mountains of Pennsylvania

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We ordered our 310GK-R tonight, largely because the dealer was no longer going to lock price pending another anticipated increase on 1 Sept. They have a call with Grand Design Wednesday. Same think happened with their Tiffin Class A's last week due to a 4% increase. Now passing on Tiffin price increases to customer and told they won't see any until 2023. We got a bit over 23% off MSRP if they finance and 21% if we finance. They must have a number in the order pipeline because estimated delivery is 13-14 weeks - not holding my breath on that though. It's a large dealership (similar to LazyDays) which I was not going to purchase from but the smaller dealers were requiring a $5-10K non-refundable deposit to place an order. They were competitive in price but no way was I going to put that kind of $ down non-refundable.
    Robin & John
    2020 Ram 3500 LB SRW 4WD Crew Laramie 6.7HO Aisin, 55gal Titan
    2022 Solitude 310GK-R - Dual pane, factory solar & Onan, 8K axles with discs, 18K GVWR, W/D, Heat Pump, Goosebox, Battleborn

2023 stays

Mentioned
    229 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    6% increase again, as of September 1st.

No price holds on retail orders.
    Steve- Inventory Manager at Tom Schaeffer's RV, Shoemakersville, PA www.tomschaeffers.com
    [email protected]
    2011 RAM 3500 SRW Outdoorsman Edition 4X4, 6.7 Cummins--TWEAKED!
    2021 Reflection 310RLS

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    High demand and low supply makes it unnecessary for any retailer to offer discounts. That applies to retailers everywhere.
    2010 Jayco 26(SOLD)
    2011 Keystone Outback 277RL(SOLD)
    2021 Grand Design 268BH
    2013 Ford F250 XLT, 6.2L Gas

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Should be quite a few for sale through private sellers, as the season is about over and people bit off more than they could chew. ie, maintenance cost, towing and tow vehicles, availability of camp sites, ect

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We picked ours slightly used (8 months old/4 weekend trips). The original owner found it to be too long for the parks they wanted to visit, and traded it in on a smaller class C.
    Got it for about 29% off MSRP.
    Talk to some dealers and tell them what you're looking for. Have them call you if they get any trade-ins.
    Perry and Dee
    Tidewater, VA
    2018 Ford F250 XLT CC SRW 6.2L Gas
    2021 Grand Design Reflection 295RL / Pullrite 2714 Superglide

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast