Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Second Chance View Post
    Did you mean 17.5" wheels and tires?

Rob
    Hi Rob,
    19.5" is what I am thinking. Lots of commercial trailers use them and you can get some pretty good tires. Boar Wheel and Tire sells them (maybe other places too). The nice part is you just use a different tire profile and the circumference, hight, rotations are the same as the 16.5" tires.

It's REALLY pricy, so I may not do it. I just like the idea of putting on Michelin tires.

This is the Boar Wheel web site.
    Larry KE4DMG
    2022 F-350 KRU SRW LB - Airlift 5000+, ForScan, 37 RDS Aux Tank,
    2019 310GK-R - Sailuns; MorRyde IS; Disc Brakes; 20K Reese Goosebox
    Search kalakamods for my mods

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by traveldawg View Post
    Just my opinion, but I don't think the 310 with whatever the plate on the rig says - it would be an overload on a 250/2500. I weighed mine - I'm right at my max GCWR on the truck. i just don't see how a 250 can handle that. But heck, GD and dealers are in the business of sales, not safety.

One more note about the 250..... LazyDays in Tampa made me sign some papers that said I was towing with a 350. I suppose they needed to cover themselves for liability. And a friend who had a 250 and had the springs changed ended up going up to the 350 after his first year.
    I'd agree and I'm even sketchy with my 3500 SRW but we'll see what the Cat scales show when it comes in. I'm getting the impression that GD is pushing them off the line very quickly so it really wouldn't surprise me if the sticker weights were a bit inaccurate on the plate. But when the GD 310 Product manager says they are trying to keep the 2500/F-250 as a market for the 310 makes me wonder.

Haven't heard of a liability clause before. Did I ever learn that lesson with my TT. I did not get that request from other LazyDays dealers, but their prices were way out of line.
    Robin & John
    2020 Ram 3500 LB SRW 4WD Crew Laramie 6.7HO Aisin, 55gal Titan 4014 payload
    2022 Solitude 310GK-R - Dual pane, factory solar & Onan, 8K axles with discs, 18K GVWR, W/D, Heat Pump, Goosebox, Battleborn

2023 stays

Left The Driveway
    Vancouver, BC, Colorado and the Southwest
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Upgraded Solitude suspension to Roadmaster Slipper Springs, DeeMax brakes

Quote Originally Posted by Second Chance View Post
    One of the main differences is in the disc brakes - they will stop over twice the weight of the drum brakes in the same distance.

Rob
    If relevant, I upgraded the Solitude suspension to Roadmaster Slipper Springs, DeeMax hydraulic brakes, retained 7k axles in an excellent rebuild at Straight Line Suspension/Marc Knutsen in Phoenix. I can highly recommend them. Rob is ever accurate - I have several times the braking power over the previous drum brakes that were not working well.
    Chris G.
    2018 Solitude 344GK, Roadmaster Slipper Springs, DeeMax hydraulic brakes
    2020 F350 SRW, Long Box, Air Lift 5000 air bags, Curt A20 hitch

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My 2020 310GK with RV fridge and generator prep left the factory at 12,222 in June 2019. A handful of months ago I was sandwiched between a 2017 and a fairly fresh 2021 and the 310GK's have been steadily gaining weight over the model years.

I have a lot of 'just in case' gear in my basement and front storage. Loaded for a 5-night dry camping trip my CAT scale trip put the fiver within 20 lbs of GVWR. That was with an absolutely full fresh water tank. My TV with an Andersen Ultimate Hitch and Retrax Pro bed cover was over weight, but below either axle rating. Pin weight was 3,120.

Best regards,
    Chris
    2020 Solitude 310GK FBP
    2019 Ford F350 SRW CCSB AUH
    Former Rig - 2013 North Trail FBS22
    2013 Expedition EL

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BubbaChris View Post
    My 2020 310GK with RV fridge and generator prep left the factory at 12,222 in June 2019. A handful of months ago I was sandwiched between a 2017 and a fairly fresh 2021 and the 310GK's have been steadily gaining weight over the model years.

I have a lot of 'just in case' gear in my basement and front storage. Loaded for a 5-night dry camping trip my CAT scale trip put the fiver within 20 lbs of GVWR. That was with an absolutely full fresh water tank. My TV with an Andersen Ultimate Hitch and Retrax Pro bed cover was over weight, but below either axle rating. Pin weight was 3,120.

Best regards,
    Chris
    Thanks Chris,
    Just 20 lbs shy of the 15K? I figure 2022s are even heavier.

Did you go with the AUH because of pin weight? That was on my short list along with the Reese GooseBox Gen 2 - mostly because I didn't want a heavy 5th wheel in the bed permanently but also because of pin weight.

cheers,
    John
    Robin & John
    2022 Solitude 310GK-R - Dual pane, factory solar & Onan, 8K axles with discs, 18K GVWR, W/D, Heat Pump, Goosebox, Battleborn

2023 stays

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ajg617 View Post
    Thanks Chris,
    Just 20 lbs shy of the 15K? I figure 2022s are even heavier.

Did you go with the AUH because of pin weight? That was on my short list along with the Reese GooseBox Gen 2 - mostly because I didn't want a heavy 5th wheel in the bed permanently but also because of pin weight.

cheers,
    John
    Hi John,

Yes, 20 lbs short of the 15K. The OP sharing the over 13K factory sticker weight of a newer 310GK made me jump into this thread. That and having visited a CAT scale for the first time a few weeks ago.

I'm guessing with a 2020 long bed you have a higher GVWR than my standard bed. I considered the RAM Megacab, but the configuration of the floorboard area for the passenger wasn't comfortable for my DW.

This is our first fiver, so the Andersen had multiple things going for it. The light weight and ease of removing it from the bed was one thing, but for me the biggest was being able to hook up to a ball like with our TT. I watched a couple of BTBRV YouTube videos on the Reese GooseBox at the time of our purchase, and I was worried about being able to see what was going on that low in the bed. I'm tall enough that I'm not using my cameras much while hooking up, I can see through the rear window to see how I'm lined up.

A side benefit is my truck didn't come with the factory hitch system, so I had a B&W Turnover Ball system installed. I'm using their 4" offset ball to gain a little back-of-cab clearance (I have the 6.75' standard bed). The offset means I'm losing 140lbs off the front axle hooked up, but there's still 4,800lbs up there to keep me well planted on the road.

With the AUH I've learned that for the majority of campsites I need to use Andersen trailer blocks on the landing gear to make sure I have enough stroke to clear the ball. Otherwise I've found it to be very forgiving on hook-up angles.

For me the hassle part of the AUH is I need to remove the kingpin adapter whenever dropping the trailer off for service. Our primary servicing dealer prefers it, as they had to help get the latching pin to work smoothly again after one service visit. I use magnets to attach the cable remote to the kingpin, so the process is fairly fast once you've done it a few times. I have the torque for the set screws memorized.

Best regards,
    Chris

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BubbaChris View Post
    Hi John,

Yes, 20 lbs short of the 15K. The OP sharing the over 13K factory sticker weight of a newer 310GK made me jump into this thread. That and having visited a CAT scale for the first time a few weeks ago.

I'm guessing with a 2020 long bed you have a higher GVWR than my standard bed. I considered the RAM Megacab, but the configuration of the floorboard area for the passenger wasn't comfortable for my DW.
    Yeah, I was the OP and that 13K plus UVW absolutely blew me away and started me second guessing option orders. Bottom line is I bought the TV off the lot (loaded with some options I didn't need) - there were none available near me so I had to travel two states away just to see the one I eventually bought. I wanted to look at some F-350s but there were zero unless I wanted to drive to Maryland. So it is what it is and I had it on the Cat scales with full tanks and both of us. Dropped the 4014 payload down to 3280 due to options I thought were factory installed but were apparently dealer installed. I'm not too worried about hooking up as I have a cargo camera that gives me a good view of the bed with the factory puck system Still waffling a bit.

We had been looking at both the 2021 310GK-R and the 345GK-R. Suffice to say the order was delayed last year due to the supply chain issues and medical stuff this year. Two years gone. But the subtle changes to the 2022 310 sealed the deal. Then came the sticker shock of that unit we looked at as we were considering some 'heavy' options.

What I now believe is that the outdoor kitchen unit is VERY heavy. Dealer called MorRyde who delivers it to GD (he says) and the box of un-assembled parts reportedly weighs 287 lbs which I don't think includes the sliding tray or any of the peripheral stuff such a pumps, plumbing, etc. It takes up nearly the entire pass-thru. That's generator territory weight-wise.

So, being bored tonight and 2022s starting to be delivered, I went nationwide on rvtrader looking at 310GKs and 310GK-Rs as some of the pictures show both the option list and the sticker on the unit. Below are the ones I found that specified options (over mandatory) and also included the sticker shot with UVW in my very, very UN-scientific research:

GK-R 12, 616 Solar, King, 3rd AC
    GK-R 12, 610 Solar, King, 3rd AC
    GK-R 12, 312 King, Heat Pump
    GK-R 12, 422 King, Heat Pump
    GK-R 12, 552 King, Slide toppers
    GK-R 12, 492 King
    GK-R 12, 362 King
    GK-R 12, 560 no options
    GK 12, 688 3rd AC, Heat Pump, King
    GK 12, 252 King
    GK 12, 406 King
    GK 12, 392 King
    GK 12, 452 King

I could draw maybe a couple of speculative assumptions - not much difference in UVW between GK and GK-R with king only option, 3rd AC adds a bit, heat pump and solar not so much, slide toppers a little, no options rig might be an outlier.

Cheers,
    John
    Robin & John

2023 stays

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    John,

FWIW - I wasn't seeking out a heat pump unit when shopping, but that's one of the options on ours. We've been very pleasantly surprised how much we've been able to get by with just the heat pump and the fireplace heater when we have full hook ups. We camp into December and early January and it takes low 40's or below before the furnace needs to provide assistance. It really extends how long our propane tanks last.

I probably will not have another RV without a heat pump.

Best regards,
    Chris
    2020 Solitude 310GK FBP
    2019 Ford F350 SRW CCSB AUH
    Former Rig - 2013 North Trail FBS22
    2013 Expedition EL

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What does your current rig (including personal belongings, solar, generator and dual pane windows) weigh?

Mentioned
    190 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BarbMMh View Post
    What does your current rig (including personal belongings, solar, generator and dual pane windows) weigh?
    @BarbMMh -

Since this is a relatively long thread with many posts, it's not clear who you are asking. Here are a few tips:

1) If you use "Reply With Quote" (to the right of "Reply") as I have here, folks will know to whom you are responding and that person will get a notification.

2) You can also tag folks using the "@" symbol and their user name (as I have done yours) - they'll also get a notification that way.

BTW - welcome to the forum!

Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    2012 F350 DRW CC LB Lariat PS 6.7
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes,
    Sailun LRG tires, solar, DP windows, W/D
    (Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast