User Tag List

Thread: Wet bay leakage

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wet bay leakage

Greetings Grand Designers! I have a 2018 Solitude 384 GK-R with the Nautilus wet bay. Question is: Has anyone taken any steps to make sure that any water accumulation in the wet bay does not leak out onto the basement floor?

Over the years, we’ve had leaks from not quite tight enough hose connections that have gone unnoticed for a while, and to my fault, we’re not immediately mopped up in the wet bay. Consequently, we now have soft spots all around the basement in the vicinity of the.wet bay. I’ll be replacing the osb with marine grade plywood soon. Just looking for ideas on how to prevent the issue from occurring again. And, I know, I need to be more vigilant, lol I’m planning to caulk the seams around the base. Heard that Alliance 5th Wheels have a plastic tub that drains to the outside.

Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yup. If you spend time searching here and other 5er forums you will find many folks have built capture pans with drains. Folks even have basement watchdog systems in the wet bay. I personally have a light and observation camera to keep eye on it.
    Rob & Nikki + Cloverfield
    2020 Grand Design Solitude S-Class 3350RL
    2015 RAM 3500 Longhorn Laramie Crew Cab, Long Bed, 4x4 Dually Cummins/AISIN

Mountains of Pennsylvania