User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If you despise the buttons on your Thomas Payne theatre sofa...

Google or go straight to Etsy and search "Thomas Payne button guard". We ordered a pair for $15; it's worth it. We despised those sensitive buttons but didn't really want to unplug the sofa because we like the light option and my wife will like the heated seat this fall. Thought I'd share in case anyone else was frustrated enough to unplug, but didn't really want to.
    p.s. We ordered them with the magnetic top cover, not just the bottom hole frame. We like having the cover to block those lighted buttons.

You're welcome.
    Chad
    2023 23LDE 965W Solar, Victron Multiplus, Solar Controllers, Cerbo GX, 4x280AH DIY Lithium Batteries, SeeLevel Tank Monitoring, Shock Absorbers (Replaced 2022 22MLE)
    2022 F350 6.7L Superduty, Carbonized Gray, Ultimate Lariat Pkg, 4WD, Crew Cab, 160" Wheelbase, 3.55EL Rear End, 3566# Payload
    Adaptive Steering, Ultimate Camera Pkg, 20" Wheels, 397 Amp Dual Alternator, ARE Topper (Replaced 2004 F150)

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Riverbug View Post
    Google or go straight to Etsy and search "Thomas Payne button guard". We ordered a pair for $15; it's worth it. We despised those sensitive buttons but didn't really want to unplug the sofa because we like the light option and my wife will like the heated seat this fall. Thought I'd share in case anyone else was frustrated enough to unplug, but didn't really want to.
    p.s. We ordered them with the magnetic top cover, not just the bottom hole frame. We like having the cover to block those lighted buttons.

You're welcome.
    The decision was taken out of our hands when the heating element stopped functioning on our chairs. We just unplugged, since the under chair blue light thing wasn't something we cared for anyway.

2017 Reflection 26RL "Mili"
    2016 Ford F250 Extended Cab Gas Engine "Buck" (the truck)

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm not sure if it was those, but my wife bought some 2 yrs ago. They are great!
    Timmer
    2020 Grand Design Reflection 312BHTS
    2015 Ford F350, 6.2L Gas, Crew Cab

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by livinthelife View Post
    The decision was taken out of our hands when the heating element stopped functioning on our chairs. We just unplugged, since the under chair blue light thing wasn't something we cared for anyway.
    Wife will not like that if the heating element goes out...
    Chad
    2023 23LDE 965W Solar, Victron Multiplus, Solar Controllers, Cerbo GX, 4x280AH DIY Lithium Batteries, SeeLevel Tank Monitoring, Shock Absorbers (Replaced 2022 22MLE)
    2022 F350 6.7L Superduty, Carbonized Gray, Ultimate Lariat Pkg, 4WD, Crew Cab, 160" Wheelbase, 3.55EL Rear End, 3566# Payload
    Adaptive Steering, Ultimate Camera Pkg, 20" Wheels, 397 Amp Dual Alternator, ARE Topper (Replaced 2004 F150)

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Riverbug View Post
    Wife will not like that if the heating element goes out...
    I didn't like it. My side went out first. Now the other one is not working. I got an electric lap throw (like a mini electric blanket) that I put over the recliner before sitting in it now. I actually like it better than the heated seat (that only warmed up my rear). Now the heat covers me from head to knees. The blanket also seemed to help delay the ubiquitous peeling pleather for several years.

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by livinthelife View Post
    Did you by any chance flip the chairs over and look at the wiring? One of ours stopped functioning on heat mode and it turned out to be just an unplugged connection underneath the chair. These wires are just plug and play with miniature banana jack style plugs.... one of those wires got caught by the reclining mechanism and pulled apart making for an easy repair.
    Bill & Colleen ~ Schwenksville, Pa
    2019 Reflection 337RLS
    2006 GMC Sierra 3500 8.1L V-8
    Firestone Ride-Rite Air Bags
    Front Stabilizer Bar
    Rear Anti Sway Bar

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by IBEW Sparky View Post
    Did you by any chance flip the chairs over and look at the wiring? One of ours stopped functioning on heat mode and it turned out to be just an unplugged connection underneath the chair. These wires are just plug and play with miniature banana jack style plugs.... one of those wires got caught by the reclining mechanism and pulled apart making for an easy repair.
    My husband has looked under there, and couldn't really see any disconnections. But we've not flipped the sofa (it's screwed down). After showing him your post, he said he'll give it a closer look. He says he has to clean under there anyway.
    Last edited by livinthelife; 09-01-2021 at 03:21 PM.

Mentioned
    138 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I despised the buttons so much that I sold them and got these.....

Just kidding......I despised them because I thought they were terribly uncomfortable......and the fact that they have a reputation for peeling like a sunburned Albino after some time.
    2016 F350 CrewCab Dually
    2018 Momentum 394M...Heavily Modded!
    2023 Suzuki GSX-S1000 GT+
    Excessive Payload is a Wonderful Thing

"If it ain't fast....It ain't Fun"

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Out buttons are just fine. Push the red lock button, all the buttons are locked out, no problem.

Mentioned
    138 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TyeeMan View Post
    Out buttons are just fine. Push the red lock button, all the buttons are locked out, no problem.
    Until the Lock button gets accidently pushed then the other buttons are active again. The button protectors are a good "mod" for those sofas, and we had them on ours....and sold them with the protectors on them.
    2016 F350 CrewCab Dually
    2018 Momentum 394M...Heavily Modded!
    2023 Suzuki GSX-S1000 GT+
    Excessive Payload is a Wonderful Thing

"If it ain't fast....It ain't Fun"

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast