User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Overload condition on Tekonsha Primus IQ brake controller

When towing my 2020 Reflection 150 fifth wheel, I've got the brake controller hooked up but when I brake, more often than not, I'll see the numbers (gain?) start to move up as I'm applying the brakes and at some point will see OL (overload) on the screen.

I generally always see some numbers appear as the brakes are applied, and if I just lightly step on the brakes I don't generally get an overload.

It also doesn't seem to matter where the gain is set with the dial, whether it's low or high, some numbers will appear as the brakes are applied but eventually (within a second or 2), the overload will display.

This leads me to believe the issue is on the trailer side, but I don't know where to begin to track this down and I'd rather not take it to the dealer unless I can't fix it myself.

Does anyone have any ideas or info on this for the Reflection 150?

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Try cleaning your truck to trailer connection. Both the plug and socket. Best place to start.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TXkmpr View Post
    Try cleaning your truck to trailer connection. Both the plug and socket. Best place to start.
    I'll do that. I've put some dielectric grease in the connector but it hasn't seemed to help.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If that does not work I would try calling Tekonsha support before spending any time on it. They may be able to help with troubleshooting the issue or at least point you in the right direction.