User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    When I worked for an oilfield service company with an office in Farmington, NM 550 was the short way from most of western Colorado and Wyoming.

We were prohibited from going over that route in anything but a pickup.

I can drive that and have driven way worse haul roads and pipeline access roads with 100% road going semis.

Its the oncoming traffic that made corporate safety go "no effing way"

(This was BJ, and the policy continued after the BakerHughes merger)

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk
    2019 GD Momentum 397TH
    Considering a 395
    99 Ford F-250, 7.3, 6-speed.
    22 Ford F-450
    Former Fulltimers, now just using toy hauler to go to Motocross Races and Mountain Bike parks.
    Va Beach, VA

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    well those of us who live out here, have no problem with it during summer months. Having said that, I don't (or won't) go there in the wintertime when snowing. I am not worried about my abilities, but the other guy. It's easy to get in over your talent level in slick conditions. Having said that, like others have said, a beautiful drive at the right time of year. Be careful of the downhill sections and if you don't feel comfortable with narrow mountain conditions, don't go.
    2019 F150 4x4 screw sb with max towing
    2021 Imagine 2970RL
    2 many former rigs to list.

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    OR - take the bypass over Lizard Head From Durango 160 west to Mancos, then 184 to Deloris, then 145 to the junction of 62 and then to Ridgway and 550 north again .
    Hi- Picking up this older thread hoping more folks have recent intel. We’re basically trying to route south from Montrose to Durango. We’ve done the million $ hwy pre-RV years ago so no need to attempt with our 5er.

Is west on 62 at Ridgway to 145S towards Cortez still advisable?

Thanks !
    2021 Solitude 310GK: Linen/DP windows/gen prep/slide toppers/king bed/EOH disc brakes/Cooper-H tires
    2019 F-350: Lariat/CC/LB/Diesel/DRW/4x4/Bakflip MX4/B&W 20K/AirLift 5000
    Other stuff: TST 507 TPMS/2x BB batteries/Victron BMV-712/Champion 3500 dual fuel gen/Garmin 780 GPS/22" Blackstone

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by orbsah View Post
    Hi- Picking up this older thread hoping more folks have recent intel. We’re basically trying to route south from Montrose to Durango. We’ve done the million $ hwy pre-RV years ago so no need to attempt with our 5er.

Is west on 62 at Ridgway to 145S towards Cortez still advisable?

Thanks !
    Both are good, but if in doubt take the bypass over Lizard head as I mentioned before. However the experience of a lifetime is to drive it - if you follow the speeds and the signs it is safe. If you normally hot dog it - don't.

It is the Best part of Colorado to see. Once past the narrows out of Ouray (three tight switch backs at the end of the tough part) it is a fairly easy drive.

Safe travels
    2018 Reflection 150 Series 220RK 5th wheel with 6K axle upgrade. B&W 25K OEM Companion, Steadyfast system, 2022 F350 SRW 6.7 King Ranch 8' bed, Trailer reverse lights, rear spare tire holder, storage tube, sumo springs, Victron MultiPlus 12/120/3000, and Solar

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Both are good, but if in doubt take the bypass over Lizard head
    Thanks for the info!
    2021 Solitude 310GK: Linen/DP windows/gen prep/slide toppers/king bed/EOH disc brakes/Cooper-H tires
    2019 F-350: Lariat/CC/LB/Diesel/DRW/4x4/Bakflip MX4/B&W 20K/AirLift 5000
    Other stuff: TST 507 TPMS/2x BB batteries/Victron BMV-712/Champion 3500 dual fuel gen/Garmin 780 GPS/22" Blackstone

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12