Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Switched Outlet in Front Storage Compartment

I'm looking to install a switched 110V outlet in the front storage to operate my air compressor. One output will be switched so I don't have to drag an extension cord to the front to use it. The other will be standard wiring to plug in tools, and whatever.
    I'm thinking I'll piggy back off of one of the outlets in the pass through. Everything looks pretty sealed up. Has anyone added an outlet there and how did you route it?
    2010 Jayco 26(SOLD)
    2011 Keystone Outback 277RL(SOLD)
    2021 Grand Design 268BH
    2013 Ford F250 XLT, 6.2L Gas

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I did exactly that for the same reason. Can't remember if I picked up power from the plug in the pass-thru (for TV) or the plug behind the removable panel that is for the central vac. But either way, routed romex behind wall to new boxes mounted on/in wall. My compressor stays plugged in and on so I used a switch/light comb so I would be reminded when compressor is powered. Not good when I forget and it comes on in the middle of the night!
    Jim (& Sharon)
    2015 GD Momentum 385TH - SOLD
    For Sale - 2015 Ford F-350 DRW 4x4 Lariat w/ AirLift bags, Titan 65 gal. OEM replacement fuel tank.
    The toy:
    2017 RZR XP 1000 EPS SE