User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JessJoe4168 View Post
    Who still makes bearings in the US? Timkin??
    People won't like to hear this, but made in USA can simply mean "assembled in the USA." Goes for Timken as well. What matters is that they engineer the products, producing manufacturing specifications to produce against along with QC requirements and do make most components in their plants around the world. So as long as they active manage and audit the QC, the product will be quality. It is no fun getting manufacturing overseas on the straight and narrow because of a very different, cultural mindset. I know full well with manufacturing in China, Korea, India, and Thailand...
    Rob & Nikki + Cloverfield
    2020 Grand Design Solitude S-Class 3350RL
    2015 RAM 3500 Longhorn Laramie Crew Cab, Long Bed, 4x4 Dually Cummins/AISIN

Mountains of Pennsylvania

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I did mine before the last trip, took them out and cleaned and checked for heat and looseness, if you have to replace them, spend the extra money and use US bearings, Timken I found to be best, use a real good grease, Triax Red or Shell high temp/pressure

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Check the axle. It has a unique tag but it's not too different from other trailers. If you cant find the one that match the tag, you can try the one for other trailers

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123