User Tag List

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Leveling

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoopy Frood View Post
    Again, why do you do that? Following a specific warning against it, or just because you've always done it? We always leveled the 5th wheel side-to-side before unhooking, but we didn't
    have the AutoLevel. IMO having the AutoLevel means you don't have to mess with manual leveling as much. What am I missing?
    I don’t think you’re missing anything. I just don’t like seeing the tires hanging, and this is the easiest way for me to prevent it. I have been told I have a tendency to be anal. I do think it makes the RV feel marginally more solid when moving around inside.
    Vickie & Charlie
    2019 310GK-R
    2020 RAM Longhorn DRW Cummins /Aisin

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cfowler55 View Post
    I always power up the leveling keypad before unhooking and check the reading on side to side. If over 2* I’ll pull the low side up on leveling blocks.
    That’s now on my arrival checklist. Thanka

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2018 Solitude 384 GK-R
    2017 GMC 3500 HD Denali

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That sounds like a perfectly good reason to me. I'll have to admit that our Momentum 351M feels soooooo much more solid than our old Fuzion 383. I don't know if
    it's strictly the leveling system, and 6 support legs, or if the Momentum is just built that much better.

I've read on some forums about people adding JT Strongarms or the like to the Auto level system to make them more wiggle resistant, this 351 seems rock solid and
    definitely no need of any add-ons. The only time I've ever noticed anything, is when someone is way back at the end of the garage, where there's no support. If it
    bothers me I might add a couple of supports back in the corners, but otherwise we are very happy campers.
    Howard and Peggy
    2019 Momentum 351M, and 2018 RAM Cummins dually 6-speed.
    His: 1999 Honda Interceptor
    Hers: 2013 Spyder ST-S

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Captcolour View Post
    I will auto-level and if one-side has tires off the ground, will manually raise if I have to, to get lynx blocks under them, then lower back down and adjust manually if needed. Easier than moving the rig.
    That's what we do, also. Once in place, it isn't a problem to raise it for a second to slide pads/block underneath and lower back into place. Plus you have a good idea of how much (high) you need.

2017 Reflection 26RL "Mili"
    2016 Ford F250 Extended Cab Gas Engine "Buck" (the truck)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Leveling

Quote Originally Posted by Hoopy Frood View Post
    From what I read the 2017 307MKS didn't have the AutoLevel feature, just front and rear stabilizers. That is a common warning concerning the stabilizers.

Or did I read incorrectly?
    Our 307 built Feb 2017 has auto level (Ground Control 3.0) and 4 landing legs with electric motors.

I took a quick scan of the latest Reflection
    FW and Solitude manuals on the GD web site. The Reflection manual still says DO NOT lift tires off the ground. The Solitude manual *does not* say anything about it that I could find.

I thought perhaps the hydraulic system on the Solitude might be the difference, so I checked the Momentum FW manual. It says: “Never lift the trailer completely off the ground. Lifting the trailer so the wheels are not touching the ground will create an unstable and unsafe condition.” I read that as don’t lift ALL of the wheels off the ground. But what about just one side? I know what I think, but I’ll let you interpret it for yourself.

Kent
    2017 Reflection 307MKS
    2019 F250 6.7 SB 4x4 B&W Companion slider
    GD 307MKS Dec. 2020, Jayco X17Z Hybrid 6 years, Jayco 308 Pop-up 18 years

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah, it's kind of a "read into what you will" type of response, but it does appear that they're more concerned with CYA, "unstable and unsafe condition" rather than any worries
    about the ability of the system to support the trailer without damage. Maybe they're more concerned about the four legs vs six legs.

From what I've read and responses from other users, I will continue to pull to a site, drop the front legs, and let the AutoLevel do the rest. If I have any issues I'll report on them.
    But I can't see those six legs having any problem supporting the trailer.

Like you say, it's pretty much interpret as you will.
    Howard and Peggy
    2019 Momentum 351M, and 2018 RAM Cummins dually 6-speed.
    His: 1999 Honda Interceptor
    Hers: 2013 Spyder ST-S

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by wannabervin View Post
    Yes! And that’s my question: how much out of level before blocking is needed. Good to know before unhooking.

We have found with our LevelMatePRO that if we are within 5 inches the wheels stay on the ground. We can be 8-10 inches front to back and simply don’t drop the landing gear more than 1-2. Have a pair of drive on leveling blocks to get in the ball park

Kevin & Deb. 2021 Reflection 320 MKS
    2018 Ford F-350 Diesel SRW Platinum
    Kevin and Deb. 50ST8R
    2021 Grand Design Reflection 320 MKS
    2018 Ford F-350 SRW 4x4 Diesel Platinum Edition

[/SIGPIC]

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cfowler55 View Post
    I always power up the leveling keypad before unhooking and check the reading on side to side. If over 2* I’ll pull the low side up on leveling blocks.
    I mentioned this to my husband and he said "That's a good idea." Guess that now needs to be added to the set up procedure.

2017 Reflection 26RL "Mili"
    2016 Ford F250 Extended Cab Gas Engine "Buck" (the truck)

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 50ST8R View Post
    We have found with our LevelMatePRO that if we are within 5 inches the wheels stay on the ground. We can be 8-10 inches front to back and simply don’t drop the landing gear more than 1-2. Have a pair of drive on leveling blocks to get in the ball park

Kevin & Deb. 2021 Reflection 320 MKS
    2018 Ford F-350 Diesel SRW Platinum
    So, your LevelMatePro reports in inches? Our LevelUp system reports in degrees.

2018 Solitude 384 GK-R
    2017 GMC 3500 HD Denali

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It was actually a front/back leveling issue that prompted my original post. Auto level completely retracted the front landing gear, then refused to do anything else. I had never attempted to manually level the rig. I managed to do it after consulting YouTube. I don’t think I broke anything. Lol

2018 Solitude 384 GK-R
    2017 GMC 3500 HD Denali

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast