User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Find your slide control box before your first trip!

In our first trip in our brand new Imagine, we had problems with the Schwintek slide coming in evenly. In most cases, we were able to finally bring it all the way after several tries -- until the time we couldn't. Nothing worked. I was on the phone with the dealership while my husband was on the phone with Grand Design. After a very long wait, the GD customer service rep came on the line and told my husband steps to reset the slide using the control box under the bathroom sink. We didn't realize it at first, but the only control box that was visible was for the Lippert slide, which was working perfectly. Finally my husband lifted a panel that was below the Lippert control and found the Schwintek control. To reach it, he needed to remove the panel which was screwed in. When my husband told the GD rep that he had to go to the truck to get a screw driver, the rep said he couldn't stay on the line. He hung up. Fortunately we remembered the steps he recommended, and, after removing the panel, we were able to reset the control. We now have removed the panel so we can have access to the control box. My point is FIND THAT CONTROL BOX BEFORE YOU TRAVEL, and make sure you can reach it.

Unfortunately, by the end of the trip, the slide failed again -- repeatedly. The trailer is now in the shop. The dealership told us that there are obviously problems with the Schwintek slides.

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Which year and model do you have?

Sent from my motorola one 5G ace using Tapatalk
    2018 Imagine 2250RK: Floorplan Pic
    Theater dinette instead of standard dinette.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Speaking from a past bad experience, very good advice to locate the controller (s) before you have a problem...cause you probably will with Schwintek.
    2021 Reflection 31MB
    2022 Cougar Half Ton 29RLI
    2023 RAM Laramie 2500 Crew Cab CTD 4X4
    Demco Slider Hitch, MorRyde Pin Box

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Great advice. I found mine.
    Thanks.
    2020 Reflection 29RS 5th Wheel
    2019 GMC 2500 HD 4x4 Duramax

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I also agree. Took me some deep searching to find mine.

Sent from my SM-P610 using Tapatalk
    Steph & Lise
    2019 F150 Lariat 2.7 EB
    2020 Imagine XLS 22MLE

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's a 2021 Imagine 2670 MK travel trailer.

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes, finding the control box is a good idea as is being up to date on how to operate the slides. Lippert has a course on the slide-outs (see https://lippert.thinkific.com/courses/Schwintek) which I found very informative.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Schwintek-Slide-Troubleshooting-Guide.pdf 
Views:	25 
Size:	2.65 MB 
ID:	39589
    Stephen and Judy
    2022 Reflection 150 Series 260RD (Stella)
    2017 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD (Blue)
    Traded - 2018 Forest River Rockwood Minilite 2104S

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ynot4me2 View Post
    I also agree. Took me some deep searching to find mine.
    Steph, as a fellow 22 MLE'er (and fellow Canadian) Can you please share where it is?
    Thanks in advance...
    Mitch and Alisa Frank
    2020 Imagine XLS 22 MLE
    2020 RAM 2500 Diesel

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mrffrank440 View Post
    Steph, as a fellow 22 MLE'er (and fellow Canadian) Can you please share where it is?
    Thanks in advance...
    Ours is under the dinette seat beside the pantry. Beside the water pump. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	616629723.jpg 
Views:	52 
Size:	61.8 KB 
ID:	39593

Sent from my SM-P610 using Tapatalk
    Steph & Lise
    2019 F150 Lariat 2.7 EB
    2020 Imagine XLS 22MLE

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cspencerack View Post
    In our first trip in our brand new Imagine, we had problems with the Schwintek slide coming in evenly. In most cases, we were able to finally bring it all the way after several tries -- until the time we couldn't. Nothing worked. I was on the phone with the dealership while my husband was on the phone with Grand Design. After a very long wait, the GD customer service rep came on the line and told my husband steps to reset the slide using the control box under the bathroom sink. We didn't realize it at first, but the only control box that was visible was for the Lippert slide, which was working perfectly. Finally my husband lifted a panel that was below the Lippert control and found the Schwintek control. To reach it, he needed to remove the panel which was screwed in. When my husband told the GD rep that he had to go to the truck to get a screw driver, the rep said he couldn't stay on the line. He hung up. Fortunately we remembered the steps he recommended, and, after removing the panel, we were able to reset the control. We now have removed the panel so we can have access to the control box. My point is FIND THAT CONTROL BOX BEFORE YOU TRAVEL, and make sure you can reach it.

Unfortunately, by the end of the trip, the slide failed again -- repeatedly. The trailer is now in the shop. The dealership told us that there are obviously problems with the Schwintek slides.
    Little help -
    Would anyone out there know where the controller is in the 337RLS? I have not looked for it but would appreciate any breadcrumbs.
    Dutchman2
    Jim & Patricia
    2021 Reflection 337RLS
    2024 GMC 3500HD CC-SRW-SB Duramax

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast