Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Another tv related question

I'm looking at wheel well swing out tool boxes. Priceing seems to be pretty standard, $200 for the plastic ones, another $100 for diamond tread aluminum. I'm not worried about UV deterioration since it will be living under s Retrax bed cover. My concerns center around durability, sagging due to age/use and having a reasonably weathertight seal so I don't have to deal with tools rusting.
    Any suggestions for a quality box?
    2010 Jayco 26(SOLD)
    2011 Keystone Outback 277RL(SOLD)
    2021 Grand Design 268BH
    2013 Ford F250 XLT, 6.2L Gas

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I should also ask, is anyone using one with a 5th wheel hitch?
    2010 Jayco 26(SOLD)
    2011 Keystone Outback 277RL(SOLD)
    2021 Grand Design 268BH
    2013 Ford F250 XLT, 6.2L Gas

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have two Undercover Swing Case boxes. They have been great. They are about 8 years old (transferred over from my last truck) and holding up fine. As far as sagging they have support at both ends while stowed and no real issue while in swing out position. Mine are fairly heavy loaded with tools, draw bar etc. No conflict with 5th wheel hitch. But if your 7pin plug is in the bed behind the wheel well it is likely to conflict. I mounted my 7 pin plug in front of the wheel well and actually like it better as it is easier to get to for me. Worth the price to me!
    Jim (& Sharon)
    2015 GD Momentum 385TH - SOLD
    For Sale - 2015 Ford F-350 DRW 4x4 Lariat w/ AirLift bags, Titan 65 gal. OEM replacement fuel tank.
    The toy:
    2017 RZR XP 1000 EPS SE