Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Entry steps on Solitude 382WB are narrow

Hello all. We are awaiting our 2022 Solitude 382WB. The solid step entry stairs are quite a bit narrower than the Step Above's we have on our current 5th wheel. Both doors are the same width between the two rigs. Has anyone upgraded to a wider set of stairs? Thanks!
    Marty

We Have a Great Site Team WhittleBurner's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by martyb6 View Post
    Hello all. We are awaiting our 2022 Solitude 382WB. The solid step entry stairs are quite a bit narrower than the Step Above's we have on our current 5th wheel. Both doors are the same width between the two rigs. Has anyone upgraded to a wider set of stairs? Thanks!
    Marty
    Definitely. torque lift revolution glow steps. They bolt on just like the old style steps and in the same spot. They pull out like the old stye but have feet that go to the ground. The feet are adjustable for uneven terrain. They are as solid as the solid steps. They can be adjusted to suit you. We have had them for 3 or 4 years now and wouldn't use anything else. Search on the forum and you will find a lot of good feedback on them.
    Marcy & Gary
    2014 Grand Design - Reflection 303RLS
    2022 GMC 3500 Denali Duramax Longbed SRW
    2015 GMC Denali 3500 - Retired
    2003 F350 - retired
    Michigan
    We're in trouble now, the dog are bloggin'!
    https://3dogsandatrailer.wordpress.com/

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've seen those, but the new fiver doesn't have folding steps. They're like the MORryde Step Above or the Lippert. They are just a lot narrower than my current Step Above's on my rig even though the door width between the two rigs are the same at 30".

Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by martyb6 View Post
    I've seen those, but the new fiver doesn't have folding steps. They're like the MORryde Step Above or the Lippert. They are just a lot narrower than my current Step Above's on my rig even though the door width between the two rigs are the same at 30".
    They also make them in swing-out style to replace the MORryde and Lippert swing-outs. Just installed a set for a fellow GD owner so he could get into his coach at his storage facility where they have to park 3 feet apart. They're very easy to install. In this case, we replaced a MORryde unit and it did require a little beauty work inside around the door, but that was easy enough to do too.
    Rob & Nikki + Cloverfield
    2020 Grand Design Solitude S-Class 3350RL
    2015 RAM 3500 Longhorn Laramie Crew Cab, Long Bed, 4x4 Dually Cummins/AISIN

Mountains of Pennsylvania