User Tag List

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Dish or Direct?

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by geotex1 View Post
    Sleep well at night after having a discussion with your insurance agent. Know what your policy includes, and if you aren't covered a personal articles policy is inexpensive.
    True, insurance will eventually pay back some of what you lost but it screws up a good camping trip and you have to go through the time and hassle to replace it.

I prefer doing whatever reasonable to secure my property.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Corky2 View Post
    Thanks for the feedback!

With the direction our nation is going I'm sure theft will increase and campgrounds are probably easy pickins. That's why my first inclination is to mount the antenna on the roof. But the more I learn about these antennas the more I realize a portable means better performance overall. I would imagine a good thief would carry tools like bolt/cable cutters though. I probably wouldn't sleep well if I didn't lock-up the high value items that are sitting outside the camper.
    We are at Timber Ridge RV Park in Traverse City MI right now and when I try to watch TV off antenna, it tells me "little to know reception, move antenna to better spot".
    Well, we are under huge pine trees, might get better reception if had portable, so, will get one......just gotta figure out which one.
    Thanks for input.
    Msgt Ray (Ret) and Margie Parker
    2022 GD 303RLS w/Gen-Y gooseneck
    2020 Ram 2500 HD Cummins 6.7/3.73 gears

Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Corky2 View Post
    True, insurance will eventually pay back some of what you lost but it screws up a good camping trip and you have to go through the time and hassle to replace it.

I prefer doing whatever reasonable to secure my property.
    Completely understand, but locks only keep honest people honest. With the advent of cordless tools, there isn't a portable lock that cannot be rapidly defeated. The cordless bolt cutters slice right through high tenacity cable. I have one that can cut stranded rock tendons with ease! Angle grinders too! I do what I can to now keep honest folks honest, but insurance is key not to fret over it. If you have e-bikes, those just need to be locked out of sight altogether! I cannot believe the frequency of reports of their theft!
    Rob & Nikki + Cloverfield
    2020 Grand Design Solitude S-Class 3350RL
    2015 RAM 3500 Longhorn Laramie Crew Cab, Long Bed, 4x4 Dually Cummins/AISIN

Mountains of Pennsylvania

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by geotex1 View Post
    Completely understand, but locks only keep honest people honest. With the advent of cordless tools, there isn't a portable lock that cannot be rapidly defeated. The cordless bolt cutters slice right through high tenacity cable. I have one that can cut stranded rock tendons with ease! Angle grinders too! I do what I can to now keep honest folks honest, but insurance is key not to fret over it. If you have e-bikes, those just need to be locked out of sight altogether! I cannot believe the frequency of reports of their theft!
    Could outsmart the thief.

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We have DISH at our home base, so when traveling in our 303, we use the Dish Anywhere app on the Amazon Fire Stick, as long as we have a decent WiFi connection and nowadays most of the campgrounds we use have improved WiFi enough that it works ok. I tried the Wally route, but seemed to always be a headache to get the satellite signal, even when we were in a site with no trees….

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just got the same setup that Rob described. Couldn’t be happier.

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We have DISH at our home base, so when traveling in our 303, we use the Dish Anywhere app on the Amazon Fire Stick, as long as we have a decent WiFi connection and nowadays most of the campgrounds we use have improved WiFi enough that it works ok. I tried the Wally route, but seemed to always be a headache to get the satellite signal, even when we were in a site with no trees….

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The only down side with the Pathway X2, and to me its not a deal breaker, is that the second receiver will only be able to view the primary receivers satellite programming. It's not like your home triple LNB unit where bedroom receiver can be tuned to 119 satellite and living room to 110. We have had our Pathway X2 and am really happy with it. Most satellite problems I have had comes from the RV coax or splitters.
    2020 Solitude 372WB
    2017 F350 Superduty 4x4, Heavy Duty Tow Package
    2900 Superglide Hitch, MORryde Rubber Pinbox
    Zinny, Golden Retriever (rescue)
    Belle, Golden Retriever (rescue)

"Life With a Dog is a Gift"

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Gave up the Dish/Directv stuff two years ago and went with YouTube TV. $65 a month and all you need is their app on your phone and or log in at home on your smart tv. You get all of your locals and when traveling you get all of your channels plus locals. When traveling I plug lightning plug cord into phone with HDMI plug on other end into tv and watch whatever I desire. Plus DVR all built into app. Of course you have to have cell phone coverage. Was in Auburn Alabama this weekend for game and taped 6 games which I can breeze thru today. Check it out.
    John Carney
    The Villages, FL
    2017 Toyota Tundra
    2019 Imagine 2600RB

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Forgot to mention you get to invite 5 additional family members or friends with gmail accounts to use your subscription at no extra charge.
    John Carney
    The Villages, FL
    2017 Toyota Tundra
    2019 Imagine 2600RB

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast