Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

HELP - Furrion continuous water heater error

My 2022 337RLS has the Furrion continuous water heater. It's worked flawlessly until today. I'm getting an E5 error. That error occurs when the control senses that there isn't enough air flow for proper operation. I've checked the sail switch and it's good. I've watched the blower motor twitch but not actually turn. The power to the motor is of a pulse width modulated (PWM) design so a regular multi meter isn't much help. I happen to have a cheap digital oscilloscope with me but apparently it's not capable of registering PWM signal....or....there isn't one coming from the control board. I cannot find anything on the web that would help. We're camping in the middle of nowhere and of course it's a holiday weekend. I'm ok with a cold shower, I did plenty of them in the Army, but the DW isn't happy at all. Any suggestions?
    2022 337RLS & 2017 CTD Ram long bed
    720w of solar & Victron MPPT/battery monitors
    4x100AHr LiPo batteries & 2500w PSW
    Lots of other mods too....

Mentioned
    191 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm guessing you've already checked the exhaust outlet for a mud dauber nest or something similar? Failing that, it sounds like you've narrowed it down to something on the control board.

Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    2012 F350 DRW CC LB Lariat PS 6.7
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes,
    Sailun LRG tires, solar, DP windows, W/D
    (Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Second Chance View Post
    I'm guessing you've already checked the exhaust outlet for a mud dauber nest or something similar? Failing that, it sounds like you've narrowed it down to something on the control board.

Rob
    Yep, I've inspected the exhaust thoroughly.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So get this, last night I drummed up the courage to get my cold shower. In the middle of it, the water heater decided to start working. I quickly finished a nice hot shower and hollered for the wife to jump in while it was working. We didn't turn off the water and it worked great. In fact, it's worked perfectly since. I'm at a total loss as to what happened. The E5 error came up as I started my shower so it should have locked the control out. I'm going on the assumption that whatever happened will likely happen again and it may be fatal. I'm just stumped.