Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Duratain & General Salt Water Maintenance

We recently purchased our 2021 2400bh. This is our first travel trailer and we are definitely still in the learning phase. When we purchased the travel trailer, the dealer offered us the duratain treatment as well as extended warranty. We weren't prepared for this question and approached it as we would when we buy a new vehicle: decline, decline, and decline some more.

We do live on the coast and many of our weekends will be spent near a beach and salt water.

Questions:
    1. Should we get the duratain treatment?
    2. If so, do we get it on the inside, outside, both, entire trailer, etc.?
    3. Do you have any recommendations on how to protect our new travel trailer from the elements? (I do plan to use wheel covers
    4. If the travel trailer will be near salt water, how often do you recommend power washing?
    5. What do you use to prevent rust and deterioration of the tongue, chains, etc.?

I'm sure there are more questions to ask, but at this point I'm confident I don't know all of the questions I should be asking. Any help is greatly appreciated!
    2021 Imagine 2400BH
    2012 Tundra Crewmax 5.7 V8 (Tow Package)

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Great questions. I owned a 35 foot class a and live 2 miles from the ocean. Kept it covered. No signs of any underside rust. About every 3 months or so, I looked underneath and if there was any issues, I would hit it with a wire brush. Some spots I touched up with black spray paint. Looked great when I sold it.

If not covered, wash it and get it squeaky clean and get a good solid coat of wax.

Once protected rinse it off once a month and towel dry. Wax it at least twice a year.

You can do the same to the underside, rinse it off. No need towel dry the underside. Like I stayed, hit at trouble spots with a wire brush and if needed touch up the area with some black spray paint.
    2019 GMC 3500 SRW Sierra Denali Duramax
    2020 Reflection 315RLTS