Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Annual Site Lease

We recently purchased our 2021 Imagine 2400bh. After careful consideration, we have decided to rent a camp site for the year (annual lease agreement). The season runs April through November and also provides for storage during of the offseason (December-March). We are not allowed to keep the travel trailer at our house and the storage facilities near us were quoting $200+ per month for storage (no power, electric, anything). We have a young family and we will be weekend warriors for the foreseeable future. It's not feasible for us to drive/travel every weekend (we will travel) but we are excited to have our own site that we can use multiple times per month easily. We are very new to this and really appreciate any advice and your answers to the following questions. Also, I'm sure there are questions I don't know to ask so please feel free to share any thoughts or recommendations.

We move in September 12 and the TT will be parked from September 12 through November 7th. The lot is a sandy and is waterfront / beachfront. We have one trip planned in October where we will be traveling a few hours but for this most part we don't anticipate really traveling until next April/May but even then it will be at most once per month.

Questions:
    1. What recommendations do you have to protect the TT (knowing that it is stored near salt water, sand, etc.)
    2. How often should we power wash / wash?
    3. How can I protect the tongue, chains, etc. from rust and corrosion?
    4. If the trailer will be parked for 2-3 months at a time (during season or off season), do I "block it" or do I use leveling blocks and standard methods as if we were traveling to camp every weekend?
    5. Do you recommend a cover for the TT (we will use wheel covers)
    6. What do you think of duratain?
    7. I have a reverse camera (the 2400 bh came wired for it) but I haven't installed it yet. The purchase seems a little unnecessary now that we will be parked a lot but is it okay for me to install it and just let it be? Any maintenance you would recommend?
    8. I believe I need to put lube on the slide on gears, rubber, etc. How often based on our situation?

Thank you in advance for your help. We are excited about the "permanent" site but also want to be aware that a TT just basking in the sun by the beach probably isn't the best.
    2021 Imagine 2400BH
    2012 Tundra Crewmax 5.7 V8 (Tow Package)

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Can't answer most of your questions since we live 1,000 miles from the sea (Colorado). You might want to try dry lube as a protectant. The camera is for when you pull so I would install it. What is duratain? Auto stores carry products that convert rust to a paintable surface, if you get rust. I'd wash the rig as often as possible with a good wash/wax.
    2018 Solitude 375 RES 2022 F450 Powerstroke Dually

We Have a Great Site Team WhittleBurner's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    First off congrats on the new trailer . Not sure I can answer all but will give a shot to what I can.

Questions:
    1. What recommendations do you have to protect the TT (knowing that it is stored near salt water, sand, etc.)
    A good wax followed by some sort of polymer coating that protects from UV rays. Decals will fade eventually, be sure what ever you use will be safe for the decals. We use both WashWax All and Simple Reflection they both protect from UV. Wipe on wipe off can't get much easier. Not much you can do to protect from blowing sand

2. How often should we power wash / wash?
    Wash when it needs it, how often can depend on the environment. If you power wash use low pressure. In the Manual you got GD does not reccomend power washing even though many do. It can cause delamination, rare but possible.

3. How can I protect the tongue, chains, etc. from rust and corrosion?
    I would make a cover leaving a bottom opening for breathability for the tongue. Be sue all metal is painted, salt water is not metal friendly

4. If the trailer will be parked for 2-3 months at a time (during season or off season), do I "block it" or do I use leveling blocks and standard methods as if we were traveling to camp every weekend?

In any circumstance the trailer should be "chocked" when not in motion.

5. Do you recommend a cover for the TT (we will use wheel covers)
    Wheel covers , yes. Ocean front can be quite windy and and brutal, a cover will not last. Plus you are shouldering hurricane season. We park about 10 miles off the Gulf and get the ocean breeze and see car covers ripped up all the time. Those who leave the trailer yr round do not cover.

6. What do you think of duratain?
    What is Duratrain??

7. I have a reverse camera (the 2400 bh came wired for it) but I haven't installed it yet. The purchase seems a little unnecessary now that we will be parked a lot but is it okay for me to install it and just let it be? Any maintenance you would recommend?

8. I believe I need to put lube on the slide on gears, rubber, etc. How often based on our situation?
    Do not use lube, sand will stick. Spray slide gears with CRC Dry lube as reccomended by GD. Rubber seals use baby powder in a sock and pat it on. I would bring slides in when not in use.

Thank you in advance for your help. We are excited about the "permanent" site but also want to be aware that a TT just basking in the sun by the beach probably isn't the best.

Marcy & Gary
    2014 Grand Design - Reflection 303RLS
    2022 GMC 3500 Denali Duramax Longbed SRW
    2015 GMC Denali 3500 - Retired
    2003 F350 - retired
    Michigan
    We're in trouble now, the dog are bloggin'!
    https://3dogsandatrailer.wordpress.com/

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Having owned aluminum Airplanes in Florida we have lots of experience with corrosion prevention.

A great product for any metal surfaces, frame, tongue etc is Boeshield T-9. https://www.amazon.com/BOESHIELD-Cor...=3E5B0BCMTSI9K

It drys to a very thin waxy film to prevent corrosion.

Another is Corrosion-X. https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0009H1AMG
    Jerry & Linda
    Emma & Abby our Mini Golden Doodles & JR our Amazon Parrot
    2017 Reflection 337RLS, Build Date 01/2017, Titan Disk Brakes, Goodyear G614s 235/85/16 G Rated tires
    2022 F-450 King Ranch Ultimate, 4,868 lb Payload, Bedrug Bedliner, Andersen Ultimate II Aluminum 5th wheel hitch
    http://visitedstatesmap.com/image/FLGANCSCsm.jpg