User Tag List

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Retirement Adventure

Hello! Joined this forum so I could learn more about the Grand Design and how it might fit into our retirement dream. Hubs is retired and I'm one year away from retirement....so we're anxiously planning for our adventure. We are currently intrigued by the Imagine XLS 22MLE. We are previous tenters, pop-uppers, 27 footers, 30 footers and park model campers over the last 30 years, so this won't be our first rodeo....but hoping our greatest adventure will be our next when it comes to buying our retirement trailer and tow vehicle. Glad to be here!

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Welcomes family congrats on making that milestone!!! You will find lots of great people and experience here and a willingness to help. Do you have any ideas of what you are looking for?

We have a bumper pull trailer, big. 315rlts and absolutely love it!
    2019 GMC 3500 SRW Sierra Denali Duramax
    2020 Reflection 315RLTS

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Redapple63 View Post
    Do you have any ideas of what you are looking for?
    Thanks for the welcome!

So far, after a bit of research, we're looking for a couples trailer under 26', tandem/dual axle with no dinette. The Imagine XLS 22MLE seems to fit our overall needs. We're heading to Hershey, PA to the RV show next week to get a feel of all the smaller trailers firsthand. We haven't had a small trailer in over 20 years so it's re-educating ourselves.

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RUTrippin2 View Post
    Thanks for the welcome!

So far, after a bit of research, we're looking for a couples trailer under 26', tandem/dual axle with no dinette. The Imagine XLS 22MLE seems to fit our overall needs. We're heading to Hershey, PA to the RV show next week to get a feel of all the smaller trailers firsthand. We haven't had a small trailer in over 20 years so it's re-educating ourselves.
    Lots of folks here have that floor plan, so, once you go to the show and see first hand, fire off the questions. We have several who are full timing in that rig. I am sure all your questions will be well answered.
    2019 GMC 3500 SRW Sierra Denali Duramax
    2020 Reflection 315RLTS

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Welcome, and yes, I am trippin' too! We're in a similar boat, just a little ahead of you. I retired 2 years ago (post layoff) and my wife finally retires at the end of this month. We bought our 22 MLS in June. Like you, we wanted a smaller rig this time around. We thought we wanted the 17' Imagine but the murphy bed would be an issue for overnight stops in parking lots because the slide has to be out for the bed to be down. Then we thought the 20' Imagine would be perfect, but it was a toss up with the 22'. Since the two were identical with the exception of the dinette, we chose the MLS for the dinette since it only added 2' and 200lbs. I have to say, it really is perfect (for us). We feel like it was the smallest/lightest we could go with the space and amenities we wanted. I've been working on adding 12v receptacles, usb ports, dinette light, rear observation camera, AC soft start, etc., etc. Oiy Vay! Next project is 206AH lithium under the dinette. Oh, and water filter system. Yikes! Anyway, we'll be headed on our first shake down trips this month and next, in preparation to 2 months in FL this winter. Ain't retirement gonna be great?!

Anyway, welcome to the forum; it's a great resource. And best wishes in your RV selection and upcoming retirement!
    Chad
    2023 23LDE 965W Solar, Victron Multiplus, Solar Controllers, Cerbo GX, 4x280AH DIY Lithium Batteries, SeeLevel Tank Monitoring, Shock Absorbers (Replaced 2022 22MLE)
    2022 F350 6.7L Superduty, Carbonized Gray, Ultimate Lariat Pkg, 4WD, Crew Cab, 160" Wheelbase, 3.55EL Rear End, 3566# Payload
    Adaptive Steering, Ultimate Camera Pkg, 20" Wheels, 397 Amp Dual Alternator, ARE Topper (Replaced 2004 F150)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks, Chad! I enjoyed reading all your helpful information and will share this with my husband! We have made Sunday evening's as our RV/YouTube video watching and we're learning so much about the size of rig and TV. Even learning about everyone's pros and cons is helpful. I'm enjoying reading this forum as well and have already taken notes! ;-) So much to look forward to!!! May you and your wife find great fulfillment in your travels!!!