Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

need bed mattress size confirmation

Hello, well the bed mattress that came with my 2970RL just keeps caving in where I sleep, and I'm not all that big, so I'd like to get something else.
    However, I'm not exactly sure what size to get. When I measure the wood platform, it's about 52 X 76 which seems to be a RV Full. But when I measure the mattress I have/that came with it, it measures almost 60 X 80, a RV Queen. But then also see such a thing as a Short RV Queen as well.
    ...Anybody know how I should make my decision? Thanks!

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just get any standard queen 60x80

2021 Imagine 2400 BH
    2018 GMC Sierra 4x4 crew
    2021 Imagine 2400 BH
    2018 GMC Sierra 4x4 Crew 1840lb payload

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Grand Master IceMan View Post
    Hello, well the bed mattress that came with my 2970RL just keeps caving in where I sleep, and I'm not all that big, so I'd like to get something else.
    However, I'm not exactly sure what size to get. When I measure the wood platform, it's about 52 X 76 which seems to be a RV Full. But when I measure the mattress I have/that came with it, it measures almost 60 X 80, a RV Queen. But then also see such a thing as a Short RV Queen as well.
    Standard Queen size. The wood platform is smaller than the actual mattress size (so you don't bonk your knees every time you run into the bed).

2017 Reflection 26RL "Mili"
    2016 Ford F250 Extended Cab Gas Engine "Buck" (the truck)

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We put a standard queen in ours. I enlarged the size of the platform as shown in the photo - top right. Also angle the corners so I wouldn't knock my legs on them.

I also made the platform a little longer so we could pull the mattress down and not be right up against the headboard and right under the curve. Made the foot area a little narrower. But when I'm in the bedroom I'm sleeping not walking around.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20200913_151641-COLLAGE.jpg 
Views:	17 
Size:	78.7 KB 
ID:	36478
    Mike & Lisa
    Central Florida
    2021 Imagine 2970RL
    1996 Chevy K3500 Crew SRW 7.4L Gas

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The matress needs to overhang the platform by 3"to 4" on every side to keep you from scraping your legs on the platform. A 60"x80" regular queen is what you want for the replacement.
    2019 Solitude 310GK
    2017 Ford F-350 Lariat SRW CC Short Bed, Power Stroke 6.7L
    Pullrite Superglide 16k

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks everyone! And some good ideas in there too

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Standard mattress sizes are preferred so you can use fitted bottom sheets. Nothing worse than having to use a flat sheet on the bottom and it have to be reinstalled every morning after a few rollovers in one's sleep.