Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Furnance stops cycling.

Ran into this the last time camping, I set the thermostat to the desired temp and the furnace runs normally cycling on and off. But , sometime during the night it stops and we wake up to a cold trailer. Tried raising the thermostat, cycling on and off but could not get the furnace to cycle on. Finally I set the thermostat to fan only to check if would run. It did, so switched it back to heat and the furnace started working normally.
    This was a daily routine for the remainder of the trip.
    Anyone have a clue on what could cause this? The trailer is still under warranty but I don't want to lose the remainder of the season with my trailer in the shop.
    MrBaker
    2021 Imagine XLS 22MLE
    2011 Ford F250 Lariat 6.2 L

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It sounds like you are getting a dsi fault at night.

1. Are you on shore power or battery?

2. Is your battery strong? If it is getting weak it may not have enough juice to start the fan and run the solenoid for the gas valve.

3. Check all outside connections. If the spade connections are a little corroded or not seated, it can overwork the circuit.

4. Check the circuit board for water marks. Condensation on the board can cause problems.

Sent from my VS988 using Tapatalk
    2021 GD Reflection 303rls
    2019 ram 2500 Crew Cab tradesman 4x4
    Autoslider 5th wheel hitch.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I had a similar problem last trip out. Furnace stopped calling for heat in the middle of the night and in the morning I must have stumbled onto setting the fan on the get it to turn on the heat. We were dry camping with full batteries.
    I think that the stat is bad but the coleman tech wants me to check voltage on the stat when it happens, that not happening as its only in the middle of the night when it's cold.
    Hopefully someone will have have a fix

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the suggestions. I pretty much decided not to do this on my own and to let the dealer deal with it after my camping season finished. So I just finished a four day trip and had no issues with the furnace. Not sure how to proceed for here, but should have a few more trips to see what happens.
    MrBaker
    2021 Imagine XLS 22MLE

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well I finally got the trailer in the shop, where it sat for about a month. So I thought I would update what they found. They did a furnace diagnostic but did not find anything, they did say it two attempts for the furnace to start but nothing beyond that. I am NOT hopeful the problem is resolved. So, I guess I'll wait till the snows clears from the RV pad and bring it home. If the problem persist I'll contact the manufacturer.
    MrBaker
    2021 Imagine XLS 22MLE