User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Solar prep- what is the path of the wires?

I have the factory “solar prep” on my ‘21 Momentum 381M which is simply just pre-ran 10awg wires from the front generator bay to about the middle of the roof. From research it seems this is pretty standard.

My question is if anyone happens to know the exact path of those wires. Is there a conduit, do they run underneath and then up through the walls to the roof?

I’m getting very close on my custom solar install and one of my next steps is that I’ll be replacing the existing wire with my own. I’m hoping I can use the existing run to attach my new wires to and just pull them through, we’ll see.

Anyways just wanted to see if anyone has looked into this yet, if not, I’ll let you know what I find out

p.s. the factory wires are just fine for 98% of people including me, but I’m still running my own wire haha

I attached a couple photos of my config from the factory,
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_5268.jpg 
Views:	41 
Size:	97.1 KB 
ID:	36499
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_5270.jpg 
Views:	52 
Size:	97.5 KB 
ID:	36500
    2021 Momentum 381M (Ordered 3/6/2020, Delivered 8/27/2020)
    -- Full Body Paint, MORryde IS 7k w/ disc brakes, Gen-Y Gooseneck conversion, 3 AC, Heat Pump, Dual Pane Windows, Slide Toppers, Residential Fridge

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Have you tried to pull some bigger wire through using the factory wires?

Tim
    Tim
    2020 Reflection 320MKS, Sidewinder Hitch
    2003 2500HD Silverado Duramax, Sumo springs, Hawk Brake Pads

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Most say it isn't a straight shot on the factory 10ga wires, small diameter holes, may be stapled, etc and can't pull through. Assuming you don't have roof mounted satellite... most seem to use that pathway instead for a custom run of solar wire - it is the metal access plate on roof and other end should be marked as "satellite access" in basement.
    2022 Momentum 351M-R
    2019 Ford F450 Platinum CC 6.7L Powerstroke FX4; Truck Covers USA American Work Tonneau; B&W 25K hitch; Airlift 5000 Ultimate+ w/WirelessAir; ZRoadZ back-up lamps
    Gone: 2018 Reflection 28BH; 2017 Ford F350 Platinum CCSB 6.7L Powerstroke FX4; 2015 GMC Denali 2500HD CCSB Dmax
    Gone but still in the family: 2004.5 Chev 2500HD CCSB LTZ Dmax

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Indy Tim View Post
    Have you tried to pull some bigger wire through using the factory wires?

Tim
    Not yet but that was going to be something I try once it stops raining.

Quote Originally Posted by Brother_Bluto View Post
    Most say it isn't a straight shot on the factory 10ga wires, small diameter holes, may be stapled, etc and can't pull through. Assuming you don't have roof mounted satellite... most seem to use that pathway instead for a custom run of solar wire - it is the metal access plate on roof and other end should be marked as "satellite access" in basement.
    Hmmm, not what I want to hear haha. As I mentioned above I haven’t tried yet but was concerned it was stapled and couldn’t be pulled through.

I do not have a satellite and using that pathway with the metal plate is my worst case scenario option if all else fails. I would definitely prefer to use the existing path because it’s there ya know.
    I’ll try giving it a little pull and see if I can feel anything move *fingers crossed*
    2021 Momentum 381M (Ordered 3/6/2020, Delivered 8/27/2020)
    -- Full Body Paint, MORryde IS 7k w/ disc brakes, Gen-Y Gooseneck conversion, 3 AC, Heat Pump, Dual Pane Windows, Slide Toppers, Residential Fridge