Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Underbelly tape

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've had the same problems.

Solved the problems with Velcro. Adheres very well to the underbelly material. Convenient if one needs to access stuff underneath.

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tcfulmer View Post
    I had to access the underside of a different brand of trailer a few years ago. I cut a three sided opening leaving the fourth side as a natural hinge in the colorplast. Then used some scraps of treated fence boards to create a frame around the opening so that I could screw the flap shut.

Attachment 36622Attachment 36623
    Great idea!
    2020 GMC Sierra 2500HD Denali
    2021 Reflection 260RD Fifth wheel
    Solar 800 watt 400 ah

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by gbkims View Post
    There was mention of a different type of coroplast being put on a 2021 Solitude and when asked, GD said to use eternabond on it.
    The coroplast had dimpled circular patterns on the surface.
    My 2021 definitely has a different material on the bottom than our previous 2018.
    2021 Solitude 375 RES-R
    2024 GMC Denali ultimate DRW

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The Gorilla tape 3" worked best for us as well. The tape designed to tape the coroplast only lasted about 1 month, it's been 3 years and the Gorilla tape is still holding. Our rear black tank valve was glued shut from the factory and the repairman cut a hole in the underbelly to fix it ,the unit was only two weeks old!! We've been dealing with that hole ever since, (sagging, opening again), GD covered the valve repair but wouldn't cover the underbelly.
    Scott & Deb
    2017 Momentum 350M toy hauler fully loaded with full paint job.
    2017 Ford F450 Lariat

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I used a tape I bought at Walmart (I think it has something to do with a Dinosaur on the cover), it’s Black and stick as hell. I noticed on my brand new trailer that the underbelly tape the factory used was hanging down behind the steps. Needless to say, I got on my back and used my scissors and cut to length. The tape is no longer visible and still flat against the underbelly. I think the tape was called T-Rex. I like Gorilla tape as well, so it’s good to know that it doesn’t stick well to that surface. I won’t try. I hope this helped a little.
    Karl - USMC - DAV 🇺🇸
    2004 Ford F-350 Powerstroke Super-duty 6.0L (Bulletproofed 😁) 202k miles | 2022 Grand Design Imagine XLS 22 MLE | Trailer Tires: Goodyear Endurance ‘D’ rated

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123