Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

346FLS Draft From Under Front Steps

This morning I noticed a draft coming from the shoe storage that is under the steps leading into our front living room. I got the flashlight out and noticed it is open to the underbelly of the trailer.

Would sealing this off creat ant heating issues (ie, air return issues)?
    Wade & Jennefer
    2022 Solitude 346 FLS
    2023 Silverado 3500 High Country CC DRW 4WD 8ft Bed, B&W OEM Companion Hitch
    Home Base - Port Susan Camping Club, Tulalip WA

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sorry I do not have this problem but is there a designed air way in the stairs?
    2018 Solitude 375 RES 2022 F450 Powerstroke Dually

Mentioned
    187 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That passageway should not be open to the underbelly, but rather to the front basement utility area (different spaces). It's likely designed as one of the cold air returns for the furnace. Are you sure that all basement doors were closed well? A basement door partially open can cause what you're describing. If you need to restrict access to that area for a small pet (some folks have had issues with their cats getting into the basement utility area through there), it should be done with hardware cloth that will let air through.

Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    2012 F350 DRW CC LB Lariat PS 6.7
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes,
    Sailun LRG tires, solar, DP windows, W/D
    (Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank Rob!
    I had a suspicion that this passage may be a cold air return but also I realized that we had the roof fan on in the kitchen when I noticed the draft.
    Wade & Jennefer
    2022 Solitude 346 FLS
    2023 Silverado 3500 High Country CC DRW 4WD 8ft Bed, B&W OEM Companion Hitch
    Home Base - Port Susan Camping Club, Tulalip WA

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by wadejenn View Post
    Thank Rob!
    I had a suspicion that this passage may be a cold air return but also I realized that we had the roof fan on in the kitchen when I noticed the draft.
    Ah Ha. Roof fan on will cause negative pressure in the RV living area. The negative pressure WILL cause a “draft” from any opening to the outside.

When I turn on my MaxAir fan, my dog goes right to the return and heat ducts and starts sniffing those openings like crazy, as air is coming in through those openings. She probably smells where a mouse once used as an entrance point.
    Jerry & Linda
    Emma & Abby our Mini Golden Doodles & JR our Amazon Parrot
    2017 Reflection 337RLS, Build Date 01/2017, Titan Disk Brakes, Goodyear G614s 235/85/16 G Rated tires
    2022 F-450 King Ranch Ultimate, 4,868 lb Payload, Bedrug Bedliner, Andersen Ultimate II Aluminum 5th wheel hitch
    http://visitedstatesmap.com/image/FLGANCSCsm.jpg

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Correct, the shoe storage opening in the 346FLS is open to the garage storage area. Further having taken the interior garage panels off to install an EMS I can advise it is also open to the underbelly as you can clearly see the water tank etc. I can’t comment on the air return or speculate why it is like that. Can only advise on findings having had the garage panels down. It wouldn’t take much to close it off if the draft is offensive but can’t comment on impact to air return or other. Cheers.
    2021 Solitude 346FLS & 2021 F450 - Platinum 6.7 PS
    346FLS - Mods & Stuff - B&W Companion Hitch, TPS, RVLock, Magnum MS2812 Inverter, 4x Renogy 170AH Lithium Batteries, Progressive EMS HW50C, Splendide Combo W/D, and more to come!!