Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

window shade installation

We have spent a total of 6 nights in our 2015 303RLS so far. Last night my wife was closing the shade above the dining room table and the screws that hold the shade to the wall came out. Very poor installation. The screws were screwed into the walls only and not into any other part of the structure such as the aluminum studs. The screws could not be reinstalled into the same holes as the holes are now oversized. I think I managed to find the aluminum studs to reinstall them. I am set us as a seasonal about 150 miles from the dealer so returning it for repair isn't really an option. I expect to be repairing the others before too long. Anyone else with similar issues? Nothing else so far but hoping this isn't a sign of the quality of the build.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by diehardpaul View Post
    We have spent a total of 6 nights in our 2015 303RLS so far. Last night my wife was closing the shade above the dining room table and the screws that hold the shade to the wall came out. Very poor installation. The screws were screwed into the walls only and not into any other part of the structure such as the aluminum studs. The screws could not be reinstalled into the same holes as the holes are now oversized. I think I managed to find the aluminum studs to reinstall them. I am set us as a seasonal about 150 miles from the dealer so returning it for repair isn't really an option. I expect to be repairing the others before too long. Anyone else with similar issues? Nothing else so far but hoping this isn't a sign of the quality of the build.
    We had one of the screws pull out of the wall also. GD how should this screw be reinstalled? Wall anchor or ?
    Dave & Kate Matheny Arvada Co.
    Corgis: Chase, Pippin
    2017 Solitude 300GK
    2011 Sierra 2500HD Duramax

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Don't think Grand Design will read this unless it goes to the Tech Corner.
    Mike & Pat Clawson
    Marty & Bucky (Welsh Corgis)
    2015 Grand Design Reflection 337 RLS #2813
    Titan Disc Brakes, Liberty Rider Suspension
    2005 Chevy Silverado 2500HD Duramax/Allison
    Comfort Ride Hitch, 52 Gallon Titan XXL Fuel Tank, Banks Speed Brake, Firestone Air Lift Bags
    http://i1383.photobucket.com/albums/...pst4uyouma.gif

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    diehardpaul,

I had this happen as well on the window next to the table, the cord roller that allows the shade to move up and down came out. The tension was too tight (compared to all others, noticed it before it came out) which caused the issue. I changed the length of the screw (to compensate for the thickness of the L bracket) and relocated the roller utilizing the inward screw hole of he L bracket that holds the curtain. That particular screw is in the frame.
    The mountains are calling and I must go" John Muir

Chuck
    2015 Reflection 303 RLS
    2005 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD Duramax
    Elk Grove, Ca

http://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f3...psotab2qdx.jpg