Likes Likes:  0

Thread: New to RVing

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

New to RVing

Hello, I am 66 years old and retired about a year and a half ago. We had planned on RVing after retirement and finally decided to take the plunge. My wife suffers from Parkinson's disease and is in a wheel chair. We decided on a toy hauler so that I could put a bed in the garage area for her and at some point add a roll in shower.

I will admit I did not do all the research that I should have but did look some online and went to 3 different RV lots. Decided on a 2021 Momentum 31G as it has a 13 foot garage that should be adequate for my wife's needs.

I'll have to read through the rules and how to, so I know where to post questions, but I am wondering if I bought a lemon.

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Welcome Steve, glad to have you here. You picked a great rig, and hopefully with a little bit of effort you can make it a great place to enjoy our great country with your wife and be comfortable at the same time.

Lots of great folks and experience here.
    2019 GMC 3500 SRW Sierra Denali Duramax
    2020 Reflection 315RLTS

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You have another posting about some minor issues in the trailer you purchased.

My suggestion is to do some frequent camping close to home. Get used to putting your trailer on a campsite and taking it down. Don't go off on an odyssey without getting used to your camper.

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bamaman View Post
    You have another posting about some minor issues in the trailer you purchased.

My suggestion is to do some frequent camping close to home. Get used to putting your trailer on a campsite and taking it down. Don't go off on an odyssey without getting used to your camper.
    I wouldn’t call an open work order for slide removal x 2 and over 30 hours of labor time minor
    It isn’t clear of whether the dealer completed the work or not
    Ymmv

2021 Imagine 2400 BH
    2018 GMC Sierra 4x4 crew
    2021 Imagine 2400 BH
    2018 GMC Sierra 4x4 Crew 1840lb payload

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You're right about 30 x $150 per labor hour. That's $4500. Sounds pretty ridiculous as I'd there's nothing to do on a slide that would take but a couple of hours.

Explanation should be is certainly warranted.