User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Onan 4000 with 2 A/C units Momentum 30g

Recently purchased a 2021 30G with the Onan 4000 generator. Was pleased to see that it was able to run both A/C units, all lights and the 12V fridge under generator power on a 97 degree Texas day. It cooled the trailer down nicely. Power management display said the draw was 26 amps with all those components running. I was nervous about this setup before we purchased and could not find a lot of commentary on it so I thought I would post it here just in case someone else was interested. Most 2 a/c units from other manufacturers seem to have the Onan 5500 units. We were so uncertain about it, that we made the dealer prove to us the generator could carry the load before we went inside and signed the purchase contract. Happy to report our concerns were put to rest. Love the trailer so far and still figuring out many of the other features.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm trying to make the bumper pull vs 5er decision right now. I want to stay as close to 30' as possible but need a 13' garage. I am considering the 31G which also has the 4K generator. We mostly visit hot places so being able to run both AC's is important.

If Momentum offered a 5er with a 13' garage that was closer to 30', I would likely go that way.... but alas, the 350G, with its 14' garage is 39' 10". The 320G at 36' 3" is better, but it has an 11' garage. So... the 31G at 35' 11" with its 13' garage might just be the best compromise.
    Fulltime RVer since 4/2016. Newmar Mountain Aire 4523 - Jeep Rubicon JKU - Harley FLTRU
    2022 F450 Platinum, 2022 Momentum 351MS-R with Curt Flex Air hitch and MORryde IS
    Also considering a Polaris General XP 1000 4 Seater and a Can Am Spyder RT Limited