User Tag List

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Leaky kitchen faucet

Anyone have a clue why water comes out of the kitchen faucet when we're on the road and any suggestions to fix it? We shut the water pump off and open the faucet to bleed off any pressure but when we get to our destination enough water has come out to splash all over the countertop and on the floor - more than a gallon on occasion. We've tried rubber-banding the valve closed (It opens very easily.) and that didn't help. Now we extend the hose down into the sink which we line with towels for travelling. It's not the end of the world but it's a pain and shouldn't be like that. TIA!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	KitchenFaucet.jpg 
Views:	29 
Size:	95.2 KB 
ID:	36519
    Dan & Connie

Current Rig: 2022 GD Solitude 310GK-R / 2020 F-350 PSD CC LB SRW
    Previous: 2007 Montana Mountaineer 32 PHD / 2011 F-250 CC LB SRW

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kluger View Post
    Anyone have a clue why water comes out of the kitchen faucet when we're on the road and any suggestions to fix it? We shut the water pump off and open the faucet to bleed off any pressure but when we get to our destination enough water has come out to splash all over the countertop and on the floor - more than a gallon on occasion. We've tried rubber-banding the valve closed (It opens very easily.) and that didn't help. Now we extend the hose down into the sink which we line with towels for travelling. It's not the end of the world but it's a pain and shouldn't be like that. TIA!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	KitchenFaucet.jpg 
Views:	29 
Size:	95.2 KB 
ID:	36519
    We have the same faucet and have had a leak at the base between the bottom of faucet and the bottom flange. Had it replaced. Still leaks. Think it’s a problem with the faucet design. Have a pressure reducer so not due to high water pressure. Possibly similar issue that you’re seeing when not connected… might be leaking from inside of faucet?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Al & Cyndi
    2022 Solitude 380FL-R
    2019 GMC Denali 3500 Duramax crew cab

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyndi6767 View Post
    We have the same faucet and have had a leak at the base between the bottom of faucet and the bottom flange. Had it replaced. Still leaks. Think it’s a problem with the faucet design. Have a pressure reducer so not due to high water pressure. Possibly similar issue that you’re seeing when not connected… might be leaking from inside of faucet?

Al & Cyndi
    2022 Solitude 380FL-R
    I'm also having the same issue with the same faucet. Any luck on fixing this?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by duredhel View Post
    I'm also having the same issue with the same faucet. Any luck on fixing this?
    Need replacement. After we received replacement, the replacement also leaked. Had to go get different faucet.

Al & Cyndi
    2022 Solitude 380FL-R

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ours leak a little. I finally just put a towel under the faucet. Sounds like you unfortunately need a bucket.
    Mike & Linda
    303RLS
    2013 F250 Turbo Diesel Crew Cab

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Confused. If the pump is off, where is the pressure coming from to make the water flow? Interesting.

2021 Reflection 312 BHTS, Silverado 2500 Duramax

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Mine rig is brand new and leaking at the base....love the faucet, but the leak sucks,I will have to take it in...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I know this post is a couple years old, but we just traded in our Reflection for a Solitude 310GK, and we're having the same issue. After seeing water all over the floor upon arriving at our first destination, I made sure to bleed off all the pressure before driving, but it still leaked about a quarter of a cup; enough to make a mess. And for our unit, the towel/bucket ideas wouldn't help because the faucet is loose enough that it turns itself around while driving and ends up pointing straight onto the counter top or even the floor.

Is anyone else having this issue?