Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Momentum 395MS

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Momentum 395MS

Just picked up my 395 this Wednesday. Salesman was great and its been down hill From there. I would think after 2 weeks time for predelivery everything would be right. Well during inspection one of the canopies was coming out on the edge about 3 inches was told that’s normal. There’s a screw to stop it from going any further. Next the slide on right side was sticking out an inch on back side and I could put my fingers in between the gasket. That was also normal. I get home and see they put one 550 cca group 24 battery which won’t run the fridge for more than an hour. Friday I decided to connect my cell phone to camper to control lights and a/c’s. Well that didn’t work. After and hour with Lippert they decided I need a new gateway. This morning I’ve have a very light rain so it was a good opportunity to look for leaks. Sure enough one window on a slide had water pouring in. There was no silicone around the top of it like the others but you would think the window would be sealed behind the frame also. Last of all when looking at battery I see a red wire on ground side. They had crossed the solar prep wires at the battery. Luckily I don’t have solar panels. Good thing the had two weeks for predelivery. After spending Labor Day weekend fixing what the dealer should have done before I picked it up. I think we a ready for a trip. Love the floor plan and all the interior room but sure could use more outside storage.
    Last edited by Layjzay; 09-06-2021 at 07:43 PM. Reason: Add

Rolling Along
    Whatever state the landing gear sits upon (Texas c
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Layjzay View Post
    Just picked up my 395 this Wednesday. Salesman was great and its been down hill From there. I would think after 2 weeks time for predelivery everything would be right. Well during inspection one of the canopies was coming out on the edge about 3 inches was told that’s normal. There’s a screw to stop it from going any further. Next the slide on right side was sticking out an inch on back side and I could put my fingers in between the gasket. That was also normal. I get home and see they put one 550 cca group 24 battery which won’t run the fridge for more than an hour. Friday I decided to connect my cell phone to camper to control lights and a/c’s. Well that didn’t work. After and hour with Lippert they decided I need a new gateway. This morning I’ve have a very light rain so it was a good opportunity to look for leaks. Sure enough one window on a slide had water pouring in. There was no silicone around the top of it like the others but you would think the window would be sealed behind the frame also. Last of all when looking at battery I see a red wire on ground side. They had crossed the solar prep wires at the battery. Luckily I don’t have solar panels. Good thing the had two weeks for predelivery. After spending Labor Day weekend fixing what the dealer should have done before I picked it up. I think we a ready for a trip. Love the floor plan and all the interior room but sure could use more outside storage.
    We've been full timing in our 395MS-R since March. We've had more than several issues and we lucked out going to the national rally with the fantastic techs there.

You have a few issues that arw Grand Design and others that are the dealer's. Don't expect the dealer to really help, even if they try, they often just don't know what they're doing.

When you say canopy, are you referring to slide topper or to awning? We had a slide topper (bedroom slide) that was installed wrong and will be replaced.

Battery is up to dealer. "R" models are supposed to be prepped for two batteries, but I've yet to see a dealer install more than one. Ours only did one battery and we could get about 4-5 ours on battery before the inverter for the fridge drained the battery. That happened a few times and it, being lead acid, killed the battery. I have since upgraded to lithium and don't regret that decision one bit.

Slide sticking out is a factory issue, but if it's adjustable then dealer should be able to fix it... It is not normal. If dealer can't fix GD needs to step up. That seal is very important.

Don't get me started on leaks... We've had 3 leaks and we're hoping the rally techs fixed them, finally. Where is your leak?

Your solar wires shouldn't have been hooked up to any thing if you didn't have factory solar. They should have been rang and capped.

And I agree, the basement storage is pathetic on our model. But lippert sells an under chassis slide out storage bin I've been eyeing. Will likely try that route. Also planning on moving the wall back a bit in the small basement cubby for a few extra square feet. Planning on my batteries and inverter down there under the bathroom flooring once we're stable enough on shore for a few weeks.

If you have questions about the ins and outs of what we've encountered so far with our unit, feel free. It's a great Floorplan we constantly get compliments on.

Newly full timing in our 2021 Momentum 395MS-R with our tow pig being a 2021 F-450 KR

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Front awning was the one I had to fix.

I have a 480 minute @ 250 ah battery coming to replace the cheap battery the dealer put.

Set an appointmet with my local repair facility to reseal window. I sealed it from the outside but not a perminant repair.

Thanks for the feedback. With all the good things I've heard about GD I was starting to think I got a LEMON> I think my Local dealer should have caught most of my problems before I ever took delivery.

Mentioned
    240 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No one does a 2 week PDI, however it would take about that long to schedule one in.

We are about 10 days out right now, with full delivery schedules every day.
    Steve- Inventory Manager at Tom Schaeffer's RV, Shoemakersville, PA www.tomschaeffers.com
    [email protected]
    2011 RAM 3500 SRW Outdoorsman Edition 4X4, 6.7 Cummins--TWEAKED!
    2021 Reflection 310RLS

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I get that. I'm just saying they had plenty of time to get all this handle before I took delivery.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    One issue we had as far as leaks go, was the outside speakers were sealed with silicone around the outside edge. The speakers have weep holes for draining when they get wet. The sealant prevents that and if they aren’t sealed properly on the inside as ours weren’t the water will leak inside under the theater seats and you won’t see it. I removed the speakers and removed the sealant on the outside edge and resealed the inside. Then tested by pouring water directly into the speakers and the water drains out as it should.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 86E61D8E-ADC4-4AE3-B988-93B5C9525402.jpg  
    Last edited by cristynjeff; 09-08-2021 at 06:41 PM.

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cristynjeff View Post
    One issue we had as far as leaks go, was the outside speakers were sealed with silicone around the outside edge. The speakers have weep holes for draining when they get wet. The sealant prevents that and if they aren’t sealed properly on the inside as ours weren’t the water will leak inside under the theater seats and you won’t see it. I removed the speakers and removed the sealant on the outside edge and resealed the inside. Then tested by pouring water directly into the speakers and the water drains out as it should.
    FUNNY! We had the same issue. We also had the latch plate for the door not sealed properly so that also leaked behind the theater seats.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well the journey continues. I have never been able to connect my cell phone to control camper. So I called Lippert two weeks ago and they said I needed a new gateway. I got a case number and was told to get with GD. For warranty the part has to be ordered by GD. I’ve called GD five times now after giving them Lippert case number and the part number I still do have parts to fix my gateway. Hours and hours wasted.

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Layjzay View Post
    Well the journey continues. I have never been able to connect my cell phone to control camper. So I called Lippert two weeks ago and they said I needed a new gateway. I got a case number and was told to get with GD. For warranty the part has to be ordered by GD. I’ve called GD five times now after giving them Lippert case number and the part number I still do have parts to fix my gateway. Hours and hours wasted.
    What error are you getting when you try to connect?

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Gateway will not connect to router. So no WiFi

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast