Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Newbie

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hello all,

I recently found out that I'll receive my 2022 Imagine 2670MK within the week or so-we weren't expecting it until 10/22. I am now in a hurry up mode. I didn't pre-order blocks, leveling supplies, hoses, surge protection, or anything as I thought I had time. No time like the present.

I drive an F-250HD/DIesel, Short Bed.

I have pulled trailers for ATV, Horse, and 5th Wheel (once). I grew up camping in trailer, motor home, and 5th Wheel.

I'm uncertain if I want to purchase equip. from Amazon or locally. I feel as though locally will be inflated more only because it's Vegas.

I will haul the trailer to property in Mina, NV. where my wife and I will learn the do and don't lessons before hitting the road for a few months.

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Walmart has most things you need
    All my blocking is homemade wood blocks so the stabilizers are not extended much
    Amazon will have the power protection and you shouldn’t forget about a tpms
    What hitch do you have?
    Rear kitchen trailers can be difficult to tow because of their poor weight distribution

2021 Imagine 2400 BH
    2018 GMC Sierra 4x4 crew
    2021 Imagine 2400 BH
    2018 GMC Sierra 4x4 Crew 1840lb payload

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by oldnavy View Post
    Hello all,

I recently found out that I'll receive my 2022 Imagine 2670MK within the week or so-we weren't expecting it until 10/22. I am now in a hurry up mode. I didn't pre-order blocks, leveling supplies, hoses, surge protection, or anything as I thought I had time. No time like the present.

I drive an F-250HD/DIesel, Short Bed.

I have pulled trailers for ATV, Horse, and 5th Wheel (once). I grew up camping in trailer, motor home, and 5th Wheel.

I'm uncertain if I want to purchase equip. from Amazon or locally. I feel as though locally will be inflated more only because it's Vegas.

I will haul the trailer to property in Mina, NV. where my wife and I will learn the do and don't lessons before hitting the road for a few months.
    Given you don't have much time wherever you order confirm shipping times. Walmart store or .com are good options. Amazon is also good. Camping World online seems to have poor delivery times. Etrailer is another good seller but prices tend to be a bit higher than other sellers. The trade-off is very good customer service.
    Mike & Lisa
    Central Florida
    2021 Imagine 2970RL
    1996 Chevy K3500 Crew SRW 7.4L Gas

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    First I want to thank you all for your quick responses. I will pickup trailer on 9/16.

1. My hitch will be installed by the dealership: Equalizer E2 10K
    2. TPMS, thank you. I did forget
    3. I feel customer service is #1 and will pay the extra when time permits. Thank you for the info regarding Etrailer
    4. I appreciate advice homemade blocks for the stablizers, thank you. Dirt where trailer will live is at an incline so the blocks will suit my needs, plenty of railroad ties near by
    5. I need to vist the Forum Q/A areas, too many questions right now.

Thank you all for responding.

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not sure on your hitch. E2 is a Fastway made by the same parent company as the Equalizer E4 but very different. I have experience with both on a 2800BH and strongly recommend the E4 @ 12K. You will be surprised how heavy the tongue will be especially if you intend to tow with more than an empty fresh water tank as it's mounted towards the front.
    Also plan on double checking the dealer setup, I haven't had a good experience there.
    2021 Imagine 2600RB
    2019 Suburban

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you.
    I don't like the minimum or meeting standards, I also believe "early is on time" and "having it and not needing it is better than needing it and not having it."

I will contact the dealership. One thing mentioned was complexity in attaching and detaching. I prefer safety enroute.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by oldnavy View Post
    Thank you.
    I don't like the minimum or meeting standards, I also believe "early is on time" and "having it and not needing it is better than needing it and not having it."

I will contact the dealership. One thing mentioned was complexity in attaching and detaching. I prefer safety enroute.
    @oldnavy Normally when you buy your unit from the delership, the dealer will offer you a discount of 10%-20% off your accesory purchases. Good Luck and Enjoy!
    2020 Grand Design Reflection 303RLS 5th Wheel
    2013 Ford F250 Super Duty, King Ranch, 6.7 Diesel, HD Tow Package
    B&W Companion Slider RVK3405
    Timbren Rear Suspension Enhancement System R250SDG
    Titan 50 Gallon Fuel Tank