User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Norcold 1210 divider heater works intermittently

I am at a loss. This divider heater functions intermittently in my 2021 Solitude.

I have checked the ohms on the divider and it reads 29....which is within range.

The wires appear intact and undamaged at the door. A continuity test on the wires in the door indicate that there are none that are broken.

The display indicates that 12 volts are being provided to the heater.

The pins are centered and clean.

What am I missing here. It is under warranty, but I am trying to avoid the hassle of taking it to the dealer.

Sent from my moto g power using Tapatalk
    DECelt
    2021 Solitude 310-GK
    2022 Ram 3500 CCLB diesel

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How exactly "intermittently"? How do you determine that? I was under the assumption it only operates periodically.
    Howard and Peggy
    2019 Momentum 351M, and 2018 RAM Cummins dually 6-speed.
    His: 1999 Honda Interceptor
    Hers: 2013 Spyder ST-S

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoopy Frood View Post
    How exactly "intermittently"? How do you determine that? I was under the assumption it only operates periodically.
    The service manual indicates that power is supplied constantly. The giveaway is condensation forming on the black divider and dripping on the floor. When functioning, the divider should be warm and dry. I use a heat gun that will show temps about 62 when it is working. Much cooler when it is not.

I'm not much of an electrical guy, but everything seems to test ok. I have not measured the voltage coming from the pins as I am unsure exactly which pins to test and what they should read. I can't get Norcold to offer any troubleshooting advice.

Last edited by DECelt; 09-07-2021 at 12:27 PM.
    DECelt
    2021 Solitude 310-GK

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DECelt View Post
    The service manual indicates that power is supplied constantly. The giveaway is condensation forming on the black divider and dripping on the floor. When functioning, the divider should be warm and dry. I use a heat gun that will show temps about 62 when it is working. Much cooler when it is not.

I'm not much of an electrical guy, but everything seems to test ok. I have not measured the voltage coming from the pins as I am unsure exactly which pins to test and what they should read. I can't get Norcold to offer any troubleshooting advice.

I may be getting closer. So the three pins on the left door can be pulled out a bit and still function to ensure better contact with the three buttons. I also had an issue earlier with the door closed alarm going off. I added some thickness to the switch...but maybe not enough to ensure that the heater powers. I added a bit more depth. The door divider heater started warming right up...not sure which of these two things worked. Oraybw neither and it just is doing the intermittent thing.

Time will tell. I hope my trial and fail approach to this helps someone.

DECelt
    2021 Solitude 310-GK