User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't have the Furrion camera but mine would go in and out while driving down the road. I ran a coax from the camera to the front AC and relocated the antenna to the front AC. Problem solved.
    Steve
    2017 F350 6.7 Lariat DRW
    2017 Momentum 388M
    North of Houston

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Alan
    I have the same GPS system as you and was thinking about purchasing the wireless back up camera so I did not have to have another screen on my dash but am now a little concerned with the signal loss. Our unit is a little shorter than yours as we have the Solitude 310 at 35 ft. Do you think the Garman backup is still a good choice
    Thank you
    Bob
    Bob and Shirley (both recently retired)
    Ontario Canada
    2018 Solitude 310GK
    2018 Ford Diesel King Ranch F350 Short Bed
    Pull Rite Super Glide

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    2018 Reflection 150 Series 220RK 5th wheel with 6K axle upgrade. B&W 25K OEM Companion, Steadyfast system, 2022 F350 SRW 6.7 King Ranch 8' bed, Trailer reverse lights, rear spare tire holder, storage tube, sumo springs, Victron MultiPlus 12/120/3000, and Solar

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Steve
    That is brilliant as I never would have thought of this "Fix". Correct me if I am wrong, but my understanding would be that the antenna is now closer to the Garmin unit in your truck and accordingly you would have a stronger signal being closer. Does the coax simply rest on your roof or did you cover it with sealant in order to stabilize it. Can I ask as well how you secured the antenna to the air conditioner? Are you too high now or maybe the height is a non issue.
    Bob and Shirley (both recently retired)
    Ontario Canada
    2018 Solitude 310GK
    2018 Ford Diesel King Ranch F350 Short Bed
    Pull Rite Super Glide

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I emailed Furrion and they indicated this antenna would work
    https://www.amazon.com/Ultra-22-dBi-...=22DBI+booster
    2018 Reflection 150 Series 220RK 5th wheel with 6K axle upgrade. B&W 25K OEM Companion, Steadyfast system, 2022 F350 SRW 6.7 King Ranch 8' bed, Trailer reverse lights, rear spare tire holder, storage tube, sumo springs, Victron MultiPlus 12/120/3000, and Solar

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by HOWITTRO View Post
    Steve
    That is brilliant as I never would have thought of this "Fix". Correct me if I am wrong, but my understanding would be that the antenna is now closer to the Garmin unit in your truck and accordingly you would have a stronger signal being closer. Does the coax simply rest on your roof or did you cover it with sealant in order to stabilize it. Can I ask as well how you secured the antenna to the air conditioner? Are you too high now or maybe the height is a non issue.
    Correct, antenna is now closer to receiver in cab. Mine is not Garmin but should work the same. Coax just runs along roof secured by a few pieces of eternabond tape. Antenna is zip tied to the a/c cover vent slots. Doesn't stick up much higher than the cover as I used the short antenna that came with the camera.
    Steve
    2017 F350 6.7 Lariat DRW
    2017 Momentum 388M
    North of Houston

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My furion gets it's power directly from the unit battery. I have a 397th and there is a red wire with a fuse link attached to the positive post on the battery. The only way I could turn it off was to pull the fuse so I spliced in a toggle switch....
    John & Kathie
    2016 Momentum 397TH
    2017 Dodge 3500 Dually Air Bags, Mag Hytec Trans. Pan & rear Diff. cover
    Reese Goosebox
    2010 CVO Street Glide

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Mine is not a Furrion. But when I went to wire it in, there was no power to the wire, and could not find where it would be powered from. So I just put a wire nut on it and taped it off. wired to the clarence lights . Because i had problems with my old trailer not getting good receiption. I ran the antennas ( i have two, because I have two cameras one looks out, and the other looks down at the bumper) all the way to the front of the trailer. I also have a roof top antenna on top of the truck. I should not have receiption problems. The only problem is that the monitor did not work so I ordered a new one and it got shipped to Seattle and I am in Texas. It has been two months, and we just got to where we can have it shipped. hope to get it here, and finish installing it.
    2012 Chevy 3500 DRW DURAMAX
    2016 Momentum 397th
    TOY 2013 800 RZR LE

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by pasnyu View Post
    The camera on my 399TH will also go in and out during transit. However, when parked the unit will work to about 300 yards away without issue.
    Same with mine. I also notice a pretty good lag when traveling, so would not recommend the back up model while on the highway. Works well enough at very slow speeds. I ordered the upgrade model a few weeks ago from Amazon and will install as soon as we get the unit back from the dealer. It's in for a slide room service. The Schwintek gearbox on the bedroom gave it up on our last trip. Was hoping it would have been as simple as the motor but no luck. Will report back about new camera when installed.
    John and Denise; Houma, LA
    2017 Momentum 395M
    2016 Chevrolet K3500 DRW Diesel

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I purchased the "Furrion Vision S 4.3 Inch Wireless RV Backup System with 1 Rear Sharkfin Camera, Infrared Night Vision and Wide Viewing Angle - FOS43TASF" and installed it in my 28G Momentum which was pre-wired for the Furrion camera. The camera is powered from the trailer batteries and will run constantly if the trailer electrical is not shut off. I have used the camera on a number of trips and have the same issues with losing signal. I have tried varying antenna positions with no luck. When the signal is lost I unplug the monitor in the truck, basically cycling the power and this will re-establish the signal. I have noticed that the signal is more stable with clear weather but will still cut out just not as often. If it is cloudy, it will lose signal on a much great occurrence.
    Scott O.
    2018 Ram 2500 Big Horn Edition 4X4, 6.7 Cummins
    2019 28G Momentum

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12