User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    murray

Rear view camera

My friend and I both recently purchased the Momentum 380TH they both came with the Furion wireless rear cameras we are both experiencing a loss of signal while driving, the screen in the truck goes blank and then comes back on. He returned his to the dealer but they could not find anything wrong with it but as soon as he left and started down the road it did the same thing. I was wondering if anyone else has had this problem and if so did you find a solution.

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am trying to install the Furion observation camera on our 350M, but there is no power to the camera. Do you know how your's get power to the camera? Thanks.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There is a thread on here somewhere about that very thing... seems the "cheaper" one has trouble with the distance so they (the ones who have them) are recommending the "more expensive" set-up
    Jim (& Sharon)
    2015 GD Momentum 385TH - SOLD
    For Sale - 2015 Ford F-350 DRW 4x4 Lariat w/ AirLift bags, Titan 65 gal. OEM replacement fuel tank.
    The toy:
    2017 RZR XP 1000 EPS SE

murray
    Mine came from the factory and it is mounted over top of the ramp door I don't know where it gets power from

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I could be wrong, but reading another thread about these, the Furion system that comes on the units is for backup only, you can contact GD support and they can tell you for sure. Have your VIN ready when calling. Hootie

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My 380TH didn't come with a backup camera ( one more option I would have bought and wasn't told about). Anyway, I have a Garmin RV 760 gps and bought the Wireless backup camera for it. I wired mine in with the running lights, so if lights are on, I have access to the camera. It really helps when passing. But, I also occasionally experience loss of signal, and have not been able to determine the reason either. I'll be watching to see if something here helps with my problem.
    Alan and Kathleen
    2015 Momentum 380TH (RVD2)
    2014 Ford F350 Dually (Stormtrooper)
    2012 Honda Goldwing Navi/ABS (Land Speeder)

rhoag388
    I just picked up my 388M and the camera had no power. The power comes from the running lights I think the truck has to be connected?

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes....if the power comes from running lights it requires connection to the truck and the parking lights to be on.
    Alan and Kathleen
    2015 Momentum 380TH (RVD2)
    2014 Ford F350 Dually (Stormtrooper)
    2012 Honda Goldwing Navi/ABS (Land Speeder)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Furrion has two models of cameras that are almost identical. One is for back up service and one is for rear view. The rear view has much higher signal power and does not fade during travel. If it is not specified, the installer will use the back up model which is cheaper.

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The camera on my 399TH will also go in and out during transit. However, when parked the unit will work to about 300 yards away without issue.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast