User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Slide Adjustment

Hello, we have a 2019 Reflection 315RTLS. Our kitchen slide seems to be off and is damaging the floor every-time it comes in. Dose anyone know if the slide can be raised to prevent this? The slide doesn't drag on the floor on the 1 end but the end under the refrigerator does. Any insite would be greatly appreciated.

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Larry G View Post
    Hello, we have a 2019 Reflection 315RTLS. Our kitchen slide seems to be off and is damaging the floor every-time it comes in. Dose anyone know if the slide can be raised to prevent this? The slide doesn't drag on the floor on the 1 end but the end under the refrigerator does. Any insite would be greatly appreciated.
    The are YouTube videos in how to do this. It is also in the Lippert manual for the through frame slide.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk
    Mark & Mary. Full-timing across the USA (and Canada)!
    Current Coach: 2021 Grand Design Reflection 320MKS
    Current Rig: 2019 Ford F350 SD Crew Cab, w/8' box, Lariat, SRW, 6.7l Diesel

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Our 2019 295RL did this too. Our kitchen slide tore the wood looking floor linoleum on refridgerator side and luckily was under warranty when it happened.

Our dealer raised/adjusted it, and also installed rollers on the floor (between the floor opening and the slide) to help with weight distribution and slide performance on the heavy kitchen slide. Ours did that within the first year of ownership. Have not had any issues since.

So many campgrounds are unlevel - both front to rear and side to side in some cases, always be sure to level your rig before extending/retracting any of the slides.

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Seems to be a common problem. On our 337 rls I raised the slide twice but it still tore the floor. Finally just took a piece of plexiglass about 3-4 inches wide and about 2 ft long and laid it over the torn area. Now the slide rides on it without any problem. When the slide is out we store the plexiglass and lay a small rug over the torn area.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by glennt View Post
    Seems to be a common problem. On our 337 rls I raised the slide twice but it still tore the floor. Finally just took a piece of plexiglass about 3-4 inches wide and about 2 ft long and laid it over the torn area. Now the slide rides on it without any problem. When the slide is out we store the plexiglass and lay a small rug over the torn area.
    This is exactly what I did. My slideout was scuffing the floor so not quite as bad as a tear but I am sure it would have happened. I followed the lippert instructions for adjustment and it still always rubbed so I did exactly what you did and now use plexiglass so that it doesn't damage the floor anymore.

Rob
    Rob & Barb
    2022 Solitude 378MBS
    2022 RAM 3500 SRW HO Aisin 4x4
    Waterloo, Ontario, Canada

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How thick plexiglass are you using?

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FastEddie View Post
    How thick plexiglass are you using?
    It is 1/8 inch

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you Glennt

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The Plexiglass fix wouldn't have helped our situation, cause it was the corner of the slide floor that was catching the linoleum and caused it to rip. The weight of the fridge and the length of the slide was the issue.... in our case.

Would have been nice if GD installed the roller supports from the factory to help prevent these issues - especially with so many complaining. But hey.... fixing the squeaky wheel must be cheaper in the long run.